Merck responds on EODM

droezle

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=63092

GUNS N' ROSES Manager: EAGLES OF DEATH METAL Could Not Handle Audience Response - Dec. 1, 2006

GUNS N' ROSES' manager Merck Mercuriadis has responded to the claims by the EAGLES OF DEATH METAL leader Jesse "The Devil" Hughes that GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson threw down his bass in disgust after Axl Rose went off on the EAGLES after Hughes and Co. opened for GN'R at Cleveland's Quicken Loans Arena Friday night (Nov. 24). EAGLES OF DEATH METAL took the stage in Cleveland to open the first of what was supposed to be 15 North American dates on the GUNS N' ROSES tour, but exited the trek after just that one performance following an onstage rant by Rose, during which he nicknamed the band "The Pigeons of Shit Metal" before informing his audience that the gig would be the EAGLES' last on the tour.

"When [Rose] called us the 'Pigeons of Shit Metal', Tommy Stinson took his bass off, threw it down and went, 'Fuck you, that's it!' to Axl," Hughes told MTV.com. "And then Axl picked [stinson's] bass up and threw it at [him]."

Mercuriadis disagreed with Hughes' account. "There is no truth to either claim [that Rose fired a crew member or that Stinson threw down his bass] as evidenced by the fact that our crew remains identical to when the tour started almost six weeks ago, and to say Axl threw a bass at Tommy is pure fiction," he told MTV.com. "The EAGLES OF DEATH METAL were asked to leave the tour not only because GUNS N' ROSES' audience hated them and tore them apart but because they could not handle the response. They were supposed to play a 60-minute set but left the stage after 42 minutes due to the hostile reception. The facts do not support the image they are trying to portray, which is why they are attempting to put this spin on it."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

GUNS N' ROSES Manager: EAGLES OF DEATH METAL Could Not Handle Audience Response - Dec. 1, 2006

GUNS N' ROSES' manager Merck Mercuriadis has responded to the claims by the EAGLES OF DEATH METAL leader Jesse "The Devil" Hughes that GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson threw down his bass in disgust after Axl Rose went off on the EAGLES after Hughes and Co. opened for GN'R at Cleveland's Quicken Loans Arena Friday night (Nov. 24). EAGLES OF DEATH METAL took the stage in Cleveland to open the first of what was supposed to be 15 North American dates on the GUNS N' ROSES tour, but exited the trek after just that one performance following an onstage rant by Rose, during which he nicknamed the band "The Pigeons of Shit Metal" before informing his audience that the gig would be the EAGLES' last on the tour.

"When [Rose] called us the 'Pigeons of Shit Metal', Tommy Stinson took his bass off, threw it down and went, 'Fuck you, that's it!' to Axl," Hughes told MTV.com. "And then Axl picked [stinson's] bass up and threw it at [him]."

Mercuriadis disagreed with Hughes' account. "There is no truth to either claim [that Rose fired a crew member or that Stinson threw down his bass] as evidenced by the fact that our crew remains identical to when the tour started almost six weeks ago, and to say Axl threw a bass at Tommy is pure fiction," he told MTV.com. "The EAGLES OF DEATH METAL were asked to leave the tour not only because GUNS N' ROSES' audience hated them and tore them apart but because they could not handle the response. They were supposed to play a 60-minute set but left the stage after 42 minutes due to the hostile reception. The facts do not support the image they are trying to portray, which is why they are attempting to put this spin on it."

Some credit to the poster you got that from on HTGTH would be nice..

First I've heard of the Tommy stuff...

Anyone got more info on this?

:o

same here. Sounds weird since it seems like Axl And Tommy are the best friends in the band. Always jokeing around. :confused:

Posted on page 2 of this section. (Thanx to woocraig)

Eagles of Death Metal lash out at Guns N' Roses

Jesse Hughes tells Axl Rose to 'go fuck himself' after tour shun

Eagles Of Death Metal band leader Jesse "The Devil" Hughes has vented his anger at Axl Rose, saying the singer is "fucking out of his mind" after his band were thrown off Guns n' Roses' US tour.

The band were reportedly "let go" after getting a hostile reception from the audience at a recent gig.

However speaking to NME.COM, Hughes said he was "shocked" by Rose's reaction when he branded them "The Pigeons Of Shit Metal", and then sacked them from stage during a recent gig at Cleveland's Quicken Loans Arena.

"Axl Rose is fucking out of his mind," raged Hughes. "He wasn't even there when we played. He got there about 30 minutes after we got done playing. He waltzed on to the stage and went nuts.

"He had a couple of fans thrown out for pissing him off. Then when he called us The Pigeons Of Shit Metal, Tommy Stinson, their bass player took his bass off and goes: 'Fuck you, that's it'. And then he threw his bass down. But then Axl picked up his bass and fucking threw it at him dude. It was a fucking circus up there."

Despite reports claiming that his band were thrown off the tour for the poor reception they received, Hughes said by the end of the show EODM managed to win the fans over.

"When we first walked out there the crowd were jeering but it was because we weren't Axl Rose," he admitted. "These kids had been waiting there since seven o'clock for the second coming of Christ and Axl wasn't there yet. So a bunch of happy go lucky sincere and real deal rock and rollers came out and started playing. The jeers only went on for a little bit. By the end of the set we'd won those fuckers over."

Despite throwing his band off tour, Hughes claims that his tour manager then received a call later that night from Rose's management apologising for the singer's actions and he asked them to return for the remaining dates of Guns n' Roses' three-week tour.

"By the end of the night that guy [Rose]had caused a giant uproar," said Hughes. "It was like a total mutiny on the part of his band and everyone. I could hear screaming in the dressing room, 'Those are our friends and you've insulted our friends'. Then at 4am in the morning our tour manager gets a phone call which essentially amounted to: 'Axl's thought about it, he thought you guys were a band getting shoved on his tour from the label. He's really sorry and you're more than welcome to finish the tour'.

"When my manager told me that, I just said, 'You can tell that motherfucker to go and fuck himself because I will never go through that again'."

They were talking about it yesterday Leigh...

Apparently when Axl started throwing a fit at EODM Tommy threw his bass on the floor and started kicking off.. Apparently Axl then picked up the bass and threw it at Tommy.

"He had a couple of fans thrown out for pissing him off. Then when he called us The Pigeons Of Shit Metal, Tommy Stinson, their bass player took his bass off and goes: 'Fuck you, that's it'. And then he threw his bass down. But then Axl picked up his bass and fucking threw it at him dude. It was a fucking circus up there."

Complete bollocks in my opinion, otherwise it would have been mentioned by fans at the actual show!

KK x

Edited by Kissable Kate

Shit man.. I'm sick and tired of Axl dissin other bands and thinkin he is the king.. Screw Axl.. Enough is enough.. He ain't the man he once was.. Once Chinese Democracy is finished (if it's ever complete), Axl can shove it up his own ass for all I care.. I love GNR, but this unacceptable..

Shit man.. I'm sick and tired of Axl dissin other bands and thinkin he is the king.. Screw Axl.. Enough is enough.. He ain't the man he once was.. Once Chinese Democracy is finished (if it's ever complete), Axl can shove it up his own ass for all I care.. I love GNR, but this unacceptable..

Dude.

Shut the fuck up.

Eagles of Death Metal suck and I'm glad Axl did what he did.

You're not a fan, and you're not welcome here.

Now shoo.

"By the end of the night that guy [Rose]had caused a giant uproar," said Hughes. "It was like a total mutiny on the part of his band and everyone. I could hear screaming in the dressing room, 'Those are our friends and you've insulted our friends'."

Merck didn't deny that part of the story...

:ph34r:

Dude.

Shut the fuck up.

Eagles of Death Metal suck and I'm glad Axl did what he did.

You're not a fan, and you're not welcome here.

Now shoo.

Relax and let anyone decide for themself what they think about EODM. It's not because Axl don't love this band that we all have to hate them. I understand Scorpio King very clearly in this and he is right in a couple things. These days Axl is not the big rockstar that he once was. He (Axl) better shows some respect for the fans instead of starting a fight about an opening band.

Im sick and tired of dambasses like you saying crap abput Axl, who the hell do you think you are?

I dont think what Axl said was smart, but after the response of the fucking shit metal band, them saying all that lies about what happend on stage, I dont care, couse that was just a pathetic attempt to hurt Axl back.

and about if Axl and tommy had an argument, well first of all I dont see any good reason to belive things that the dude from peagons of shit metal sais.

and second, even if they did had an argument, so what, ppl can argument, and that just shows that other membars in the bend have a saying.

Yeah, seriously

Oh man this credit stuff is just ridiculous. Who cares who posted it on htgth or any other page? As long as we get a source that there is any truth to the post it is all good and dandy. I hate people who need fucking credit for ANYTHING they´ve done. There was a discussion on this board when the dude/dudette who calls him/herself Almost Famous started bitching about someone posting alink to something he/she uploaded and missed to credit him for it. I mean COME THE FUKK ON, isn´t it good enough people care about the upload and spread it around? It´s the internet and if you don´t like the forrest fire effect when you upload stuff you should probably never have stepped out into this online world. Some people really do need to come down from the high horses they seem to think they´re up on, cause to demand credit for every single little thing is just childish and lame-o!

If I upload something and want credit for it, ìll just go check out how many times it was downloaded. I don´t care if the link was spread to other pages and no mentions that I did the actual download? WHo gives a fukk? No one knows who I am anyway and will forget about me in a second. So really, the credit thing is just some ego trip and for someone to request it just makes me giggle my ass off :D

Edited by Lukinx

Axl is "the king", as someone put it.

When they ("The Pidgeons Of Death Metal") or any of you can make the dent in the music industry, pop culture, or any other fuckin' business like Axl and co. have then you can say something to him. Until then shut your fuckin' face.

Jesus Christ... whining ass holes.

Edited by Mr. Oral Sex