GUNS N' ROSES Go Digital In USA

highvoltage

GUNS N' ROSES Go Digital In USA - Dec. 5, 2006

GUNS N' ROSES are currently on tour through North America. To handle the live shows, audio veteran Toby Francis was tapped for FOH duties, Andy Ebert was selected for monitors, and the Digidesign Venue live sound environment was chosen to run the show, with two Venue D-Show systems in tow for FOH and monitor mixes.

"This is what I've wanted for years," says Francis. "I've tried everything — at least demoed everything. This is the first console I've wanted to own. I've always looked at the others as a temporary step. Even though some of them I used for four or five years, I was just waiting for technology to advance."

Ebert is equally enthusiastic: "I had used digital consoles before, but I never really liked them because of their sound quality and the fact that they're so complicated to operate. What I'm looking for in a digital console is something that's the most like analogue."

"GUNS N' ROSES' rhythm guitarist Richard Fortus asked me what plug-in I was using on his guitar and was blown away that it was the same one he used in the studio," recalls Francis. "This is when I first started working for GUNS N' ROSES, and it helped us get a rapport going. Bassist Tommy Stinson pulled me aside last night and said, "This is awesome — I had the monitor engineer [Ebert] put a Fairchild plug-in on my bass and it sounds just like it does at home! I got the same thing in my ears that I'm used to hearing."

SOURCE: Blabbermouth

Irony.

Oh, you think you're so clever, don't you?!

Listen, he has a FUCKING secretary that does his typing, thank you very much!

Plus he was probably playing with his kids, rooting his wife, and counting his many millions of dollars when he typed that. So please, just give it a rest!

Irony.

Plus he was probably playing with his kids, rooting his wife, and counting his many millions of dollars when he typed that. So please, just give it a rest!

:rofl-lol:

Sorry Gunzen, but it made me laugh. :(

Irony.

Dude, are you high? :huh:

Irony.

lol... I think you just served him...

umm useually is a typo, the "e" key is right above the "s" key, and I am typing on my laptop(close keyboard), just hit two keys at once, but c'mon, faget is a mispell that wasnt even close. But okay yeah, that was pretty bad, you got me, its cool, I can laugh at myself. Good on ya. :rofl-lol:

rock1 see ya on the 13th and 15th GNR!!!!

Irony.

It's an inside joke from another argument. ;)

Irony.

It's an inside joke from another argument. ;)

Oh alright, you had me worried there for a second... :o

Irony.

You're right, as usual. Can you ever forgive me for being a little smartarse? :(

so.....none of you find it a bit odd that this bands ENTIRE show is being digitally processed before it hits your ears? using plug-ins ONSTAGE?!?! that's hideous......

so:

between every member having in-ear monitors, the drummer wearing a headset for every song, and the band using a digital board with plug-ins running post-amp while playing the same set every night........how the fuck are they playing live?

sounds to me like they're "phoning it in".......

so.....none of you find it a bit odd that this bands ENTIRE show is being digitally processed before it hits your ears? using plug-ins ONSTAGE?!?! that's hideous......

so:

between every member having in-ear monitors, the drummer wearing a headset for every song, and the band using a digital board with plug-ins running post-amp while playing the same set every night........how the fuck are they playing live?

sounds to me like they're "phoning it in".......

it does sound that way. its over produced live now.

well it does sound like axl is having a bit of digital help from the sides, no wonder his vocals don't sound shit like they did in 2002. actually it makes sense as if you remember the mtv awards thing (this year) when axl came on and screamed, he went all micky mouse like in 02' mtv prob'ly don't use digital post processing methods that change a shot voice into that of a former rock god.

well it does sound like axl is having a bit of digital help from the sides, no wonder his vocals don't sound shit like they did in 2002. actually it makes sense as if you remember the mtv awards thing (this year) when axl came on and screamed, he went all micky mouse like in 02' mtv prob'ly don't use digital post processing methods that change a shot voice into that of a former rock god.

If you listen to the Download monitor mix, his voice is shot and sounds a lot worse on Better than it does on the bootleg from the show. So yeah, I think the digital technology is helping a bit.