Would you like Izzy to rejoin GNR?

Chris Axl

For me, Izzy is and allways were the only member from the old lineupp I would like back in GN'R.

Slash and Duff were amazing, but Izzy is .......well, Izzy!

I cried when I saw him and Axl together at the Norway concert, because I was so DAMN happy! (macho mens must cry sometimes too.... :drevil: )

But the bad ting, if Izzy joins(wich is just a rumour, a rumour without a source,even) a guitarplayer would have to leave.

And I think everyone knows who, our beloved Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal :( Wich I would really miss, none can play the Nightrain solo like him, or the last NR solo

What are you guys thaughts on this?

Edited by madison

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Izzy would never rejoin the band, you don't have to worry about that. The few times Axl has talked about him he has mentioned how spontanous he is, such as flying to Mongolia for a pilgrimage or something of that nature. Also Izzy replacing BBF!? You have to be kidding me. The only member Izzy could really replace would be Richard and that will never happen.

He can't REPLACE BF, not many can. Yeah Robin can play anything, but Bumble's got that invincibility, like Bucket... they're AMAZING guitar players.

I know what you mean.

I think Finck and Fortus could do his part easily. But it wouldent be the same, I think.

SO if Izzy joins, he can take rythm part, maybe acoule of soloes. And Finck/Fortus is Lead/rythm.

And more soloes to Fortus would be great

I like Ron but I don't see the need for shredding in GNR...(or for three guitarists). Still, listening to the solo in Better, I think the kill switch effect at the end of the solo, right before the hard riff, really makes it. But then, that bit was from Bucket. Still, I don't see why a shredder is needed but I like some of the parts from the Demos and wouldn't want them to change so I am caught in a strange place for an opinion there.

Izzy didn't seems to like the whole grind of big tours though. So maybe he could be involved in just the writing and even some recording or someting, might be a happier place for him while still being a move most of us would love. If they already have three albums worth of material though...I mean hell, is Axl going to be touring when he's 60?

I think I would like to see the current involvement move forward in some direction but knowing in what capacity is hard to pin down until I hear CD and can have that perspective to help imagine where/if Izzy would fit in NOW.

He can't REPLACE BF, not many can. Yeah Robin can play anything, but Bumble's got that invincibility, like Bucket... they're AMAZING guitar players.

I know what you mean.

I think Finck and Fortus could do his part easily. But it wouldent be the same, I think.

SO if Izzy joins, he can take rythm part, maybe acoule of soloes. And Finck/Fortus is Lead/rythm.

And more soloes to Fortus would be great

I think Fortus is great too.

Oh well, 26 guitar players it is then...

I'd love to have him in the band, regardless of who (if anyone) gets replaced. Personally I don't see what Richard is there for. Ron does the super technical stuff, and Robin does slower stuff and writes with axl (isn't better a robin song?). So what's Richard do? I don't really find him very interesting.

I think he should join the band without replacing anyone.That would make the band bigger,better and cooler.

I don't think they need to get any bigger. 8 is more than enough members for this band.

I like the suggestion that someone had about Izzy assisting with the writing and playing in the studio. His creativity would be a huge contribution even if he wasn't a full member on the tours.

Let's just get the boys that have been involved with CD to stay together and release CD and then see where there is room to go with other replacments and stuff like that. Right now, it's hard to imagine anything happening except a release of material that these guys have worked on so we have something to judge them by. You might want to get rid of 'whoever' now but hafter hearing CD think they helped make it brilliant and change your mind!

I want some kind of relationship with Izzy and Axl to remain and even increase within Guns but I think things should change as little as possible with all forces focusing on the release of CD, then look at these issues again once that smoke has cleared-

Edited by mcalldp

I don't think that technical abilities are the key for Guns. Izzy owns any of the hired Guns when it comes to songwriting together with Axl.

What's the use of a technically perfect player if he can't write classics like Patience, You could be mine, etc.??

All those guys seem to be able to do is shredding (Better) and Guns was never about shredding but about beautiful solos like SCOM, November Rain, etc.

Therefore Izzy is by far a good enough player for what Guns need and he has the ability to write great music together with Axl