'Chinese Democracy' Mentions in 2007 Predictions

ExileOnMassSt

Album Preview: In Which 2007 Potentially Rocks

VH1.com has put together a very well-organized breakdown of many cool records we have to look forward to next year. We appreciate that. But we know you guys know of others that deserve some anticipatory props. So, quick list of the top five records we’re psyched about that are expected to hit shelves/Amazon carts in 2007.

Arcade Fire, Neon Bible: Not loving the album title as it’s too showy in its lit geekiness - but we’re nevertheless very curious about this album.

Nine Inch Nails, currently untitled: We usually have to wait years as Trent goes through multiple personality shifts, workout regimens and life philosophies, but the guy is on some kind of roll (even if he does look like a goth Rambo these days).

Black Lips, currently untitled: This fucked up band of Southern marauders recorded their first album for Vice down in Tijuana. That comes out early next year followed by a full-on studio effort. It’ll be interesting to see how well these boys clean up.

Britney Spears, currently untitled: Come on! Who isn’t rooting for a Britney comeback? If she’s this overexposed already we might as well have a disturbingly catchy series of singles to listen to while reading US Weekly and watching Best Week Ever.

Guns N’ Roses, Chinese Democracy: As we all know — we’re closer than we’ve ever been. We still believe …

-- Elizabeth Goodman

Black Lips are a sweet ass band. Something tells me Axl wouldn't like them very much. There's a lot of rock, but not much in the way of synths.

If I remember correctly, Axl is the writer and co-writer of songs such as Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, Don't Damn Me, Out Ta Get Me, Paradise City, You Could Be Mine, Rocket Queen, and Perfect Crime, Garden of Eden. None of those songs have synth, my depressing and sarcastic friend.

Black Lips are a sweet ass band. Something tells me Axl wouldn't like them very much. There's a lot of rock, but not much in the way of synths.

If I remember correctly, Axl is the writer and co-writer of songs such as Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, Don't Damn Me, Out Ta Get Me, Paradise City, You Could Be Mine, Rocket Queen, and Perfect Crime, Garden of Eden. None of those songs have synth, my depressing and sarcastic friend.

In case you haven't noticed, the eighties happened twenty years ago. These days there are TWO synth wranglers in the band.

Weren't there two ''synth wranglers'' in the band in the 90's too? Teddy "Zig Zag" Andreadis (even though he was only a touring musician) and Dizzwald himself. Besides, the Stones have keyboard players.

there's synth all over those songs. :xmasssanta:

They should have put that Chinese Democracy is the only reason that 2007 might rock. Good to see they are in line to kiss Axl's ass. Chinese Democracy will be getting a 5 star review for sure.

I bet it'll recieve 1.5 stars.

Dickheads. See what they gave Meat Loaf's Bat III? Bullshit.

Just a quick mention of the album in today's The Sun (UK's biggest selling tabloid newspaper) as one of the albums to expect in 2007

It's also mentioned online too - http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2006140...6590299,00.html

Velvet Revolver's album mentioned too

Edited by Towserhead

"GUNS N’ ROSES: Finally, we’ll get to hear Axl’s legendary Chinese Democracy. Ten years in the making at a cost of $15m, the most expensive album in rock history. Songs include Better, Catcher In The Rye and I.R.S."

cool.

And they choose a really cool pic too