RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE to REUNITE!

New Rose

RATM to reunite  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Geoff Boucher of the Los Angeles Times reports that RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, the seminal L.A. band that made heavy music into political manifesto, will reunite after a seven-year lull for one show as the headliners at the 2007 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.

L.A. Times' sources say RAGE, which played the main stage at the first Coachella in 1999, will be joined by other familiar faces for the eighth edition of the festival, which covers three days this year and begins April 27: RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, which headlined in 2003, are back, as is BJÖRK, who topped the bill in 2002.

Organizers were mum this weekend and it was not clear which day RAGE or the other acts were slotted to play; that announcement is expected in the next few days. Other acts expected in the eclectic lineup: ARCADE FIRE, INTERPOL, WILLIE NELSON, THE ROOTS, MANU CHAO, THE DECEMBERISTS, ARCTIC MONKEYS, SONIC YOUTH, CROWDED HOUSE, AIR, TIËSTO and KINGS OF LEON.

Tickets go on sale Saturday, via Ticketmaster. Three-day passes will cost about $250 and there will be a limited number of single-day passes available.

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=65693

This is fucking excellent, I'm on top of the world! :D I hope we get some footage of this.

Geoff Boucher of the Los Angeles Times reports that RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, the seminal L.A. band that made heavy music into political manifesto, will reunite after a seven-year lull for one show as the headliners at the 2007 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.

Awesome!! :mellow: I'm beyond shocked! :mellow:

RATM :wub:

TIËSTO

He is SO rubbish and overrated! :no:

Horribly bad DJ which I'm ashamed to say comes from my country.

Hell yeah! Hopefully Rage can get into the studio and put out another album! rock3

I think Tiesto is OK... not great, but not that bad either. He's over-hyped in my opinion.

Hits Daily Double reports that the reunion of RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, who will appear at this summer's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, follows a winding road that included an aborted Zack de la Rocha solo project, and the three remaining members — Tom Morello, Brad Wilk and Tim Commerford — forming AUDIOSLAVE with Chris Cornell. The band will manage itself, with Dan Field handling the solo work of Morello, Wilk and Commerford and William Morris' Sara Newkirk overseeing de la Rocha. If the group goes on to record a new album, presumably it would be on Epic. If they did decide to tour together, it would be huge.

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE's headlining performance at this year's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival was confirmed earlier in the week by press representatives for the festival. The political rap-rock act, which was one of the biggest acts of the '90s, played Coachella's main stage during the festival's first edition in 1999. The group broke up in 2000 after three studio albums, one collection of covers and one live set.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=65922

Edited by Axingn'r

• 2 weeks later...
Oh boy yet another crappy band reunites, to no doubt break up again months later

Ignorant kids, gotta lov'em... :monkey:

Great to hear that RATM are reuniting. I really hope they tour and record. They always do kickass shows! Man, this sure brings back some memories... the early 90's... :wub:

I don't know much about this festival, but I sure hope it gets televised as a pro-shot or something. I'd love to see this.

Rage were one of the great bands of the 1990s. I hope it's enough of a success that it inspires them to start recording again. They only put out four albums but every one was very good.

Worst case, you gotta figure we'll get some clips on Youtube. But yeah, I'd love to have the whole show in primo quality...

Oh boy yet another crappy band reunites, to no doubt break up again months later

Ignorant kids, gotta lov'em... :monkey:

Great to hear that RATM are reuniting. I really hope they tour and record. They always do kickass shows! Man, this sure brings back some memories... the early 90's... :wub:

Why because I find RATM's music terrible and plain boring?