The Doors Live

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

d'ya ever see the soundstage performances? :) kick ass.

Yea I bought that dvd. Killer stuff on it. Too bad the quality of the Critique performance wasn't a little bit better, but cool regardless.

The End in Toronto is pretty badass.

the critique one isnt unreleased though, it was promoted as such though. notice patricia kennealy on the panel? other stuff ruled though!!! Jims so fuckin...relaxed,

I never noticed Patricia there. I'll have to check it out again. It's been awhile since I watched the interview and what not. I always watch the performance of Soft Parade when I do throw that dvd on. Jim seems so bored with all the other songs, and then he has this crazy burst of energy during Soft Parade. I fucking love it.

Have you checked out the new 40th year anniversary remasters? They are real fucking cheaply priced. I bought all of them except the first album and it cost me $35. Very interesting sounding compared to the original. There are backing vocals by Jim, piano of Ray, and Robby stuff that weren't on the original recordings. Pretty cool shit.

I never noticed Patricia there. I'll have to check it out again. It's been awhile since I watched the interview and what not. I always watch the performance of Soft Parade when I do throw that dvd on. Jim seems so bored with all the other songs, and then he has this crazy burst of energy during Soft Parade. I fucking love it.

Have you checked out the new 40th year anniversary remasters? They are real fucking cheaply priced. I bought all of them except the first album and it cost me $35. Very interesting sounding compared to the original. There are backing vocals by Jim, piano of Ray, and Robby stuff that weren't on the original recordings. Pretty cool shit.

i dunno man, im really suspicious of fucking with the authentic articles like that. that sounds more like remixing than just touching up the quality of the originals. The Soft Parade is an absolutely magical song and i think one of their very best. he really puts his fuckin balls into the bit where it goes "but its getting harder to describe sailors.." its cool on so many different levels.

i dunno man, im really suspicious of fucking with the authentic articles like that. that sounds more like remixing than just touching up the quality of the originals. The Soft Parade is an absolutely magical song and i think one of their very best. he really puts his fuckin balls into the bit where it goes "but its getting harder to describe sailors.." its cool on so many different levels.

I hear ya man. And you can thank Ray Manzarek for that. :rolleyes:

However I did buy them, and will get the other one I need too. But I still have all the original cd's. I do like the extra stuff though. There is bonus material on all of the cd's. Out takes etc. 'Waiting For The Sun' features the studio demo of "Celebration of the lizard". Real cool for that alone.

I was skeptical about the remixed CD's but they sound fucking killer. Manzarek is a cocksucker though. Jim didn't even like Ray but Ray always talks like they were best buddies.

I hear ya. At least John can admit that him and Jim weren't close friends.

I'm wondering. Since the only remix and remaster I don't have is The Doors, does Break On Through featuer the whole 'She get's high' part, or is it just like the original?

I have to admit though, that even though I'd perfer he not sue the others, sometimes I think Manzerek fucking deserves it. All he has on his mind is money. Reminds me of an older Gene Simmons. How many Greatest Hits packages does he need to put together. How many different dvd's of the same material? The only good thing to come from those guys these days is the Bright Midnight Archives.

Speaking of which, the new Boston 1970 discs are from the BMA stuff. And I was wondering if anyone that may have some of the others discs could be so kind as to hook a brother up? :D

DRCD11.jpg

DRCD12.jpg

DRCD09.jpg

DRCD10.jpg

i have them all.

DRCD11.jpg

DRCD10.jpg

I've been listening to these two shows alot lately. Fucking amazing performances from '69 and '70.

Now all I need is the Aquarius second show. I've got Backstage And Dangerous seeding.

me too actually. thanx to someone. wonder who. *scratches head* :lol:

DRCD11.jpg

DRCD10.jpg

I've been listening to these two shows alot lately. Fucking amazing performances from '69 and '70.

Now all I need is the Aquarius second show. I've got Backstage And Dangerous seeding.

me too actually. thanx to someone. wonder who. *scratches head* :lol:

I've got to burn the Backstage And Dangerous show yet. It's the rehersals for the two shows at the Aquarius.