Rolling Stones

Raw Power

Last night was the best night of my life.. ever. I have still goosebumps, and chills down my back because of a major rockshock.

What causes this is the Rolling fuckin' Stones.

I waited for 6 hours and my legs was about to collapse, before the intro came on the big screen. I couldnt care less for my legs, everything else was forgotten. Keith came on stage and started to play "Start Me Up." I got chills down my back and couldnt believe what I was seeing or hearing. Watch these old guys on stage was just amazing. These guys is one of the bands who invented rock'n'roll, which has become my lifestyle. These guys created what Im living for.

The band played great, everything was perfect. The stage was the biggest thing I've ever seen at a concert arena, and the good songs just kept going on. "You Got Me Rocking," "Rough Justice" and "Bitch" followed the intro. The show was on.

I've read a lot of setlist so I know what I would get, at least I thought I know. The setlist was actually pretty unpredictable.

I've never heard a better performance of "The Midnight Rambler."

The band did an awsome job covering James Brown's "I'll Go Crazy" and Lisa Fishcer on backingvocals showed her talent by giving my one of the best vocal perfermances I've ever heard. I almost had to reconsider if "The Great Gig In The Sky" actually was that good.

Then one of the highlights of the evning followed. Keith sung two songs by himslef. One of them was "You Got The Silver", with Ron on acoustic guitar."

It was about now the show really took of. Mick came back on stage with a guitar, and the stage became mobile. It "flew" down the passageway while the band played "Miss You." While beeing in the middle of the audience, surrounded by 40 000 Norwegians the band played "It's Only Rock N Roll" and "Satisfaction." As the band played "Honkey Tonk Women" the stage went back to normal, and a hughe pair inflateable lips appeared.. it wasnt before then I realized that I was actualyl watching Mick, Keith, Ron and Charlie live.

Suddenly I heard the intro beat of "Sympathy For The Devil" I was about to go mad. I had a hard time trying to not drop dead of just pure happiness. The stage appeared to be on fire, and the lyrics Mick started singing "Please allow me to introduce myself" and I lost concact with the ground, I've still not got back on the ground. Before the encore they played "Paint it Black" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash." The perfect ending for a perfect show.

The Encore show was only one song, "Brown Sugar," which seemed to never end. I think each and all of the crowd wished it to never stop either.. Unfortunately it did.

Best .. Night.. Ever!

People slag em off for their age,but the fact is...most people could only hope to be so cool in their 60's.

It's always cool to hear the boys are still knocking people out (of all ages) with their live shows!

gotta love the Stones!

It's rarely to see that kind of age differences in the audience at a rock concert... Old men with walkers, too kids at the age of 12. The old man gets to see his favourite bands from the 60's while the young kid gets to see his new favourite band.

Aren't they amazing??! I won tickets to see them last August and I can still remember certain things from ti really clearly; like, when Mick sung the opening lines of 'Sympathy for the Devil'. That day last year was mind-blowing--everything about that day was just perfect.

They're playing their first London show on the 21st--fingers crossed I'll get passes!

Yeah. I was suppose to see Tool tonight, but I didnt get tickets. I don't care.. I still can't believe how great it was.. I've youtubed "Rolling Stones Oslo" like 1000 times today.

I've seen The Who, I've seen Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iggy & The Stooges, Mötley Crüe.. nothing comes close to this.

My first Stones concert was in '78....Keith fresh out of rehab.

It was phenominal...the best concert I've ever seen.....ever.

Ah, dude! I wish I lived in the 70's... Many times I've wondered if I've been born in the wrong decade :D

I just can't get back on the ground, Im suffering from a major rockshock.

I think The Beatles has to see themself beaten as my favourite band. The Stones has always been up there

in the top 5. But last night I realised that this is rock'n'roll.

Ah, dude! I wish I lived in the 70's... Many times I've wondered if I've been born in the wrong decade :D

I just can't get back on the ground, Im suffering from a major rockshock.

I think The Beatles has to see themself beaten as my favourite band. The Stones has always been up there

in the top 5. But last night I realised that this is rock'n'roll.

I wish I could've seen them in their heyday too. I still think I'll have to see them sometime just to be able to say I did

Mine too, New Orleans Superdome...awesome.

Mine was Orchard Park New York (Buffalo area basically)...Rich Stadium

April Wine,Journey and Atlanta Rhythm Section were also on the bill.

It was the 4th of July.

It was the 4th of July.

I got Van Halen and the Doobie Brothers...and Van Halen was very poorly received by most of the crowd, kinda funny looking back on it. The Stones were fucking BADASS though...saw again in Tampa in 89, and Philly in 94...they always deliver the goods live.

It was the 4th of July.

I got Van Halen and the Doobie Brothers...and Van Halen was very poorly received by most of the crowd, kinda funny looking back on it. The Stones were fucking BADASS though...saw again in Tampa in 89, and Philly in 94...they always deliver the goods live.

wow...I would have taken Van Halen and Doobies over Journey and Atlanta Rhythm Section any day!

Did the Stones do an encore at your '78 show?They didn't at Rich Stadium and it started to get ugly.

People started tearing apart the front of the stage.