Van Halen tour is confirmed!!

Zint

Not condoning it in any way but...that's actually reasonably priced COMPARED TO what some bands charge for VIP packages.

I'm not interested in it,not even interested in the $200 seats...I don't need to see Dave's comb-over up close.

Mid-range-price seats for me.

Same here, $200 is just fucking ridiculous for VH. And knowing the ACC, $79.50 should get you relatively good seats.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want an idea of how fast this tour is going to sell out?

The VIP packages ($550.00 and $350.00 US) that were made available for 7 shows,went on sale today and are already SOLD OUT!

(Except Michigan...you can still get $350.00 vip packages)

Good luck scoring tickets everybody!

Edited by zint61

Hmm, according to ticketmaster, tickets for Toronto range from $65 to $159. Wonder if they'll have a middle price range too. :question:

yep...they will...at least 1 middle range

$110-ish I'm expecting

there might even be 2 middle range prices 90 - 120 range maybe?

we'll see

I'm all set to get up tomorrow and buy tickets to both Charlotte and Greensboro and have me an extended Van Halen weekend that I will regret financially, but that I'll remember forever. Van Halen is one of two bands (Gn'R is the other) that every so often I get an uncontrolable urge to have to see in some capacity live. In the past, I've had to quench this urge with Van Hagar, or Diamond Dave solo, or cover bands. Recently, I got the urge again. Luckily, within a week, news was out that they would be announcing a tour. Now, Dave and Ed get to quench my urge in the best possible way.... together. Twice. One of the shows being rock history. Fuck yeah.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

I'm all set to get up tomorrow and buy tickets to both Charlotte and Greensboro and have me an extended Van Halen weekend that I will regret financially, but that I'll remember forever. Van Halen is one of two bands (Gn'R is the other) that every so often I get an uncontrolable urge to have to see in some capacity live. In the past, I've had to quench this urge with Van Hagar, or Diamond Dave solo, or cover bands. Recently, I got the urge again. Luckily, within a week, news was out that they would be announcing a tour. Now, Dave and Ed get to quench my urge in the best possible way.... together. Twice. One of the shows being rock history. Fuck yeah.

You're going to have to act fast to get tickets for both shows.This is going to sell out incredibly fast.

The buzz on the radio stations in my area is fucking huge,every time I turn on the radio they are talking about it.

At the moment I'm actually debating whether to splurge on top end seats.

However,I'm pretty damn sure there will be a second Toronto show added...so maybe I'll go mid-range for both shows.

Haven't decided yet...I'll know in a few hours though!

Wow! The tour is confirmed? :shocked: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! rock3 rock3 rock3 rock3

Yeah, if you want to go, you had better A) make sure you have ample money in your account (this could mean taking out a second mortgage) and B ) purchase tickets the second they go on sale.

Holy shit man...I'm a nervous wreck!!

I kept bringing up seats at the back of the arena,so I took a huge gamble and kept releasing the seats and trying again.

I finally hit the jackpot and got section 109...which is the closest section (stands) to the stage.

I had to splurge for top end tickets to get there but I'm totally psyched about it!

god damn!! B)

Tickets went fuckin FAST....it was down to single seats in no time!

Edited by zint61

Holy shit man...I'm a nervous wreck!!

I kept bringing up seats at the back of the arena,so I took a huge gamble and kept releasing the seats and trying again.

I finally hit the jackpot and got section 109...which is the closest section (stands) to the stage.

I had to splurge for top end tickets to get there but I'm totally psyched about it!

god damn!! B)

Tickets went fuckin FAST....it was down to single seats in no time!

HOLY SHIT MAN, these were the HARDEST seats to get EVER. These tickets are hot! You HAVE to buy them as soon as the go on sale, or else. I was sweating, freaking out... I actually lost my voice from screaming at the computers... I thought I had a computer problem at the wrong time... I kept getting a "This page has nonsecure items" thing every three seconds, and that cost me time... I put in Best Available, which was probably a lie by ticketmaster, but at least I got SOMETHING... I DID get tickets to both Charlotte and Greensboro, thank God, but not the best... at least I got something. I'll have fun.

That was fucking bullshit how they added another show and put tickets on sale. We got section 120 Row 11. My friend and I were both trying to get tickets and that was the best we could do between the two of us. I've never seen anything like it but I'm used to buying tickets for shows in Vancouver.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Van Halen in 2007? With a 52 year old David Lee Roth? A 15 year old kid instead of Mike Anthony?

I can't say I'm too interested, despite being a huge VH fan. They certainly are charging a lot.... I might catch them in Vancouver but I dunno.

Edit: Haha, whoops Mike, good call. A fatigue induced mistake, don't hurt me :).

Edited by Ant

If you go there comparing it to 1982 you will be disappointed. Stop complaining, stop protesting. So Mikey (who is Mark, Ant?) isn't there. So what? Dave and Ed are! So Dave is 52. Can he help being 52? No. You are older, too. Prices are steep. Yeah, it sucks, but everything else is expensive, too. I just bought some shitty looking shelves I don't want for $178 at Home Depot. I paid $85 for some seats to Van Halen. I'm going to remember the Van Halen show my whole life and have a good fucking time. Seems like a bargain to me.

If you expect it to be the exact same as 1982, and if you are criticizing everything, then don't go. If you relax, realize you are going to hear the best set list a rock concert has had in 23 years, sing along to all the songs, hang out with a sold-out arena full of other crazy Van Halen fans, let yourself go, pretend you are 16, tailgate, and just be merry, you will have the time of your life. Or you could stay in and wank off that night. Your choice.

If you go there comparing it to 1982 you will be disappointed. Stop complaining, stop protesting. So Mikey (who is Mark, Ant?) isn't there. So what? Dave and Ed are! So Dave is 52. Can he help being 52? No. You are older, too. Prices are steep. Yeah, it sucks, but everything else is expensive, too. I just bought some shitty looking shelves I don't want for $178 at Home Depot. I paid $85 for some seats to Van Halen. I'm going to remember the Van Halen show my whole life and have a good fucking time. Seems like a bargain to me.

If you expect it to be the exact same as 1982, and if you are criticizing everything, then don't go. If you relax, realize you are going to hear the best set list a rock concert has had in 23 years, sing along to all the songs, hang out with a sold-out arena full of other crazy Van Halen fans, let yourself go, pretend you are 16, tailgate, and just be merry, you will have the time of your life. Or you could stay in and wank off that night. Your choice.

lol Eh, well said. I wanna go too!!!!!!

I remember when Bill Wyman left the Stones.He was always a crucial part of the band for me,his bass lines always complimented the songs...just listen to him on Sympathy,Miss You,Live With Me etc.

When he left the band,I had a choice...I could give up listening to my favourite band of all time or I could accept change and be thankful the core of the group was still out there kicking my ass live.

I don't hear people saying the Stones concert they just saw sucked because Bill Wyman wasn't there.

Darrell replaced Bill and the party rolled on....thank God!

I feel the same way about Van Halen,it's unfortunate that Mike isn't going to be involved,but I'm not going to sit home,fold my arms and refuse to go.. while the Van Halen brothers are down the road at the local arena kicking out some of the coolest rock songs ever....with the original singer!!

I'm actually curious to see what Wolfie brings to the table.If he's as good as insiders who've witnessed tour rehearsals are proclaiming,than this just might turn out to be better than anyone expected.

So Wolfie's 16...so what?The drummer for Santana was 17 when they played at Woodstock...go watch that performance and tell me the drummer sucked.

I remember when Bill Wyman left the Stones.He was always a crucial part of the band for me,his bass lines always complimented the songs...just listen to him on Sympathy,Miss You,Live With Me etc.When he left the band,I had a choice...I could give up listening to my favourite band of all time or I could accept change and be thankful the core of the group was still out there kicking my ass live.I don't hear people saying the Stones concert they just saw sucked because Bill Wyman wasn't there.Darrell replaced Bill and the party rolled on....thank God!I feel the same way about Van Halen,it's unfortunate that Mike isn't going to be involved,but I'm not going to sit home,fold my arms and refuse to go.. while the Van Halen brothers are down the road at the local arena kicking out some of the coolest rock songs ever....with the original singer!!I'm actually curious to see what Wolfie brings to the table.If he's as good as insiders who've witnessed tour rehearsals are proclaiming,than this just might turn out to be better than anyone expected.So Wolfie's 16...so what?The drummer for Santana was 17 when they played at Woodstock...go watch that performance and tell me the drummer sucked.
Well said, again. I have to agree. Things change, people get older, etc, etc.... Either roll with it or be sour. Looking back at VH's & GNR's heydays brings back the BEST memories, but makes me teary-eyed wanting to go back. They will be 4-ever together & young in my mind. The legacy some of these bands leave will last 4-ever.I think ole Wolfie will hold his own. Give him a chance! Look at the genes & teacher he has ;)
I got tickets! :D
Well, rub it in why don't ya???? hehehehe If you weren't the same age as my daughter, I'd beg ya to take me since you're a fellow Michigander, you could just pick me up on the way. HA!