Van Halen reunion tour press conference now on Youtube

Zint

I'll merge these reunion threads together later on,but I felt this worthy of it's own thread at the moment so people are aware of the broadcast.

source:Blabbermouth

link

"The complete VAN HALEN reunion press conference will air commercial-free and uncensored nationwide on "Eddie Trunk Live" on XM Radio channel 41 between 6:00 and 10:00 p.m. EST on Monday, August 13. Eddie will then take live calls to discuss.VAN HALEN will announce its reunion tour with David Lee Roth on Monday (Aug. 13) at 11:00 a.m. PST during a media event at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. The tour is expected to begin in October and encompass 50 dates in North American arenas. The trek will feature founding VAN HALEN members David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen and Alex Van Halen, with Eddie's son Wolfgang on bass."

Note:

Here's the interesting part..I did some poking around at XM and you can get a FREE TRIAL subscription to XM.So for those of us who are not regular subscribers...we might be able to listen this broadcast on line!

here's the link to the Trial Offer page

link

Edited by zint61

Update: I just signed up for the free trial offer,it's good for 3 days from the time you sign up!

I'm listening to channel 41 right now.That's the channel Eddie Trunk is going to air the press conference on,and talk calls from fans afterwards.

Update: I just signed up for the free trial offer,it's good for 3 days from the time you sign up!

I'm listening to channel 41 right now.That's the channel Eddie Trunk is going to air the press conference on,and talk calls from fans afterwards.

While you've got the free trial, check out some of the other channels on there-I'm certain you will find lots of cool music you would never hear on commercial radio. I've had XM for years and it is really worth the money-you can find a channel for pretty much any genre.

While you've got the free trial, check out some of the other channels on there-I'm certain you will find lots of cool music you would never hear on commercial radio. I've had XM for years and it is really worth the money-you can find a channel for pretty much any genre.

Wow...they're playing Alice Cooper's Halo Of Flies!...amazing!

Yeah for sure...I'm going to check out some of the other channels!

Thanks zint! I'm going to have to sign up for the free trial in a couple of weeks when I have some days off work. Just lounge around the house and check out all the stations.

I've never been much into Van Halen, but I picked up their debut album recently because I've heard so much praise for it. I love Jamie's Crying though, one of my favourite ever tunes! No matter what though, this tour should be interesting (assuming it doesn't fall apart).

Edited by KBear

I want so much to believe this tour will happen.

But until the moment they take the stage, I'll have to remain a skeptic.

It's almost like buying a ticket for an Axl show.

It's exactly like buying a ticket to an Axl show. :tongue2:

This is going to be fragile at best...I hope it lasts until I get to see it!

I'm so fucking pumped to see this show!! Can't wait to be play my drunken air guitar at this show!!

Yeah there's going to be a lot of drunken air guitar! :tongue2:

The press conference was what I expected really.Lots of Dave raving on at the mouth.

Some of it was funny shit though...Dave's still got his wit!

According to the press conference,they let Wolfgang pick the setlist!

It really hadn't sunk in before but...this is going to be all Dave era material...holy atomic punk Batman!

Hopefully they play Mean Streets and Dirty Movies. Axl should see if GnR can open some shows for them. I'm probably going to travel to Toronto for the show and I was wondering if there is going to be a pre-sale for the show? I want to get decent seats and I imagine it'll be sold out within 10 minutes. Does anybody know a radio station that I could sign up for so I can get in on a pre-sale?

Hopefully they play Mean Streets and Dirty Movies. Axl should see if GnR can open some shows for them. I'm probably going to travel to Toronto for the show and I was wondering if there is going to be a pre-sale for the show? I want to get decent seats and I imagine it'll be sold out within 10 minutes. Does anybody know a radio station that I could sign up for so I can get in on a pre-sale?

If your willing to lay down some serious coin for close seat,go to the band's website and click on the VIP ticket option.No price listed yet...but that will get you damn close!

Van Halen site

I'm not looking to get raped by the band. I'm figuring I'll spend about $200 for a ticket. If I go on ticketmaster right away what kind of seats can I expect to get? I'm used to buying tickets for Vancouver where it's usually fairly easy to get good tickets for shows.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I'm so fucking pumped to see this show!! Can't wait to be play my drunken air guitar at this show!!

Yeah there's going to be a lot of drunken air guitar! :tongue2:

The press conference was what I expected really.Lots of Dave raving on at the mouth.

Some of it was funny shit though...Dave's still got his wit!

According to the press conference,they let Wolfgang pick the setlist!

It really hadn't sunk in before but...this is going to be all Dave era material...holy atomic punk Batman!

Thats fine by me, they only had an A cup full of good stuff with Hagar. :vomit:

yeah it's going to be cool to hear all Dave era stuff again.

I was fortunate enough to see them on the Van Halen 2 and Women and Children First tours.

I'm really looking forward to this!

(wish Michael was there...but hey sometimes you gotta take what you can get,as long as Wolfgang isn't wearing chicken buckets and masks I'll go along with it).

Edited by zint61

As long as Eddie is on guitar and Diamond Dave is on vocals, I could give a fuck about who's on drums and bass. It's not like they'd let Wolfie play with them if he sucked. I'm sure they'll enhace Dave's vocals and use a digital version of Michael Anthonys backing vocals, and you know what, that's fine by me. I'm going to see Dave do karate kicks and Eddie rip it up on guitar. If Axl can't get his act together and release an album at least I'll finally get to see Van Halen this year.

Edited by Randy Lahey

If I go on ticketmaster right away what kind of seats can I expect to get?

It depends on how many bullshit presales happen.

Personally I plan to hit "best seats available" when I get through and take whatever is offered.This is going to sell out so fast there won't be time to release tickets and try again.

This is going to be very high demand.