A little albums game

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Well, do you ever wonder if anyone else has/is into some of the albums that you have/are into? I'll put out an album, and if you are a common owner, let us know and introduce a new record yourself. Comments and discussion on particular albums are welcome. I see no reason to put a time type limit on this because: a. These things always get fucked up anyway, and b. Discussion should be encouraged. Well anyway:

bobmarleyexodusdc9.jpg

I've also got Catch A Fire and Natty Dread, but this is my favorite album from Bob, the spiritualism that's present has a strong effect, and the higher quality production sounds good to me, I don't really care if it's less "pure". Bob Marley was pure, that much I know.

yeah i got Exodus. even people who haven't heard Exodus have heard at least half of Exodus insofar as the songs are so fucking popular. only four or so of them are non-greatest hits picks.

Cut_(The_Slits).jpg

The Slits debut album, kind of reggae-tinged, bass driven punk type whosamawhatsit album by this equal parts amateurish and inventive bunch of typical girls. of my 5 most favorite albums of all time.

Edited by ffrankwhite

Well, do you ever wonder if anyone else has/is into some of the albums that you have/are into? I'll put out an album, and if you are a common owner, let us know and introduce a new record yourself. Comments and discussion on particular albums are welcome. I see no reason to put a time type limit on this because: a. These things always get fucked up anyway, and b. Discussion should be encouraged. Well anyway:

bobmarleyexodusdc9.jpg

I've also got Catch A Fire and Natty Dread, but this is my favorite album from Bob, the spiritualism that's present has a strong effect, and the higher quality production sounds good to me, I don't really care if it's less "pure". Bob Marley was pure, that much I know.

OK, so are two people allowed to respond to one album? If not, I'll wait until another album comes up.

bobmarleyexodusdc9.jpg

OK, so are two people allowed to respond to one album? If not, I'll wait until another album comes up.

Anything goes babe.

Anything goes babe.

Great.

Exodus was the first Bob Marley & The Wailers album I got, and in addition to it, I also have Natty Dread, Survival, Rastaman Vibration and some random greatest hits-album.

It's my favorite album by them, as well, songs like "Three Little Birds", "Waiting in Vain" and "Natural Mystic" are some of my very favorite Bob & The Wailers songs.

I'll continue with this:

The Band - Music From Big Pink

utpictura.jpg

Bob Dylan's backing band, The Band's highly influential debut is filled with great folk rock/americana -songs, notably "Long Black Veil", "Chest Fever" and their best known song "The Weight".

Edited by Lithium

Anything goes babe.

Great.

Exodus was the first Bob Marley & The Wailers album I got, and in addition to it, I also have Natty Dread, Survival, Rastaman Vibration and some random greatest hits-album.

It's my favorite album by them, as well, songs like "Three Little Birds", "Waiting in Vain" and "Natural Mystic" are some of my very favorite Bob & The Wailers songs.

I'll continue with this:

The Band - Music From Big Pink

utpictura.jpg

Bob Dylan's backing band, The Band's highly influential debut is filled with great folk rock/americana -songs, notably "Long Black Veil", "Chest Fever" and their best known song "The Weight".

What an album. Robbie's guitar tone on the opening "Tears Of Rage" is otherworldly. They were like a group of quiet virtuosos.

Well, I'm listening to L.A. Woman, that should be a fairly easy one (not that this was the point of the thread!). I like it a good deal, but it's not as good as their first two.

L.A. Woman is my second favorite Doors-album next to Strange Days, and I like it a little bit better than their self-titled debut.

It has my favourite The Doors-song, "The WASP (Texas Radio and the Big Beat)".

N.W.A.StraightOuttaComptonalbumcover.jpg

If you ask me, this is the defining west-coast gangsta rap album (and group!)

Straight Outta Compton features their highly controversial and most popular song, "Fuck tha Police", as well as "Gangsta Ganngsta", "Express Yourself", "Something Like That" and Eazy-E's solo song "8 Ball (Remix)".

L.A. Woman is my second favorite Doors-album next to Strange Days, and I like it a little bit better than their self-titled debut.

Straight Outta Compton features their highly controversial and most popular song, "Fuck tha Police", as well as "Gangsta Ganngsta", "Express Yourself", "Something Like That" and Eazy-E's solo song "8 Ball (Remix)".

what caaaaaaaaaan ya say about NWA, too cool for school ;)

Doggystyle - Snoop Doggy Dogg, back when there was a litttttle danger to that name, EXTRA funky, uh huh!!

Snoop-Doggystyle.jpg

what caaaaaaaaaan ya say about NWA, too cool for school ;)

Doggystyle - Snoop Doggy Dogg, back when there was a litttttle danger to that name, EXTRA funky, uh huh!!

Snoop-Doggystyle.jpg

Snoop is one smooth ass mutherfucker, love his voice it's very distinct and very groovy but as much as it is playful, it's extremely serious at the same time

and now, for something completely different...

c58789g890a.jpg

Ravi Shankar - Monterey Pop 1967

By far one of the most transcendental musical moments in recent memory was watching a clip from this performance on the Monterey Pop DVD and, for someone who has just witnessed the Who destroy the stage during My Generation and Jimi to burn his guitar during Wild Thing, to say that this was my favorite performance is saying A LOT.