MY WORLD COVER SONG CONTEST

Guest Judas

Standard of Entries?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It was fun, wasn't it! If AFD has a failing, it's that there's not enough of Axl and Del James just goofing off together. The album is so narrowly focused on good music.

First of all, Del James didn't help make My World. He's not the creative force or downfall of GN'R like you try to make him out to be. The only person, besides Axl, who has said anything with regard to My World was Izzy. And we know Izzy wasn't there for the majority of the Illusions sessions except in 1989, leading Slash to overdub his guitar and put his own rhythm parts where Izzy would've.

Obviously, the band was OK with it, or else it wouldn't have been on the record. Axl and Slash were the leaders of the band by that time, with Duff acting as an advisor. Izzy wasn't really involved anymore, so I doubt Axl and Slash, who were probably pissed at him, would phone him and ask for his approval.