Freddie Mercury

Vincent Vega

Hey,

I know I already have a thread about Queen's 1991 album, Innuendo, but...This is a thread dedicated to the Queen himself, Freddie Mercury.A truly great man, onstage and from what I've heard, off. A kind, shy soul with an amazing voice, a voice that sounded exactly the same at 20 as it did at 45. Freddie never gave up, even in his last weeks of life, he was still recording songs, and awesome songs at that. an electrifying stage presence, a great attitude, a powerful songwriter and extremely talented musician, there will never be another another like him.

Write here your praise, memories or general opinions on Freddie, his voice, his presence, his legacy.

great performer, i have their live at the bowl DVD and its amazing. Radio GA GA at live aid sens shivers through me, its amazing to see how the crowd reacted.

queen did have some amazing songs which will be around for generations to come, but they had their fair share of duds ;) but the better songs out-weigh them

Freddie Mercury was, is and will always be the greatest frontman and vocalist of all times. No one comes close to him.

NO ONE can argue or debate with this statement.

I beg to differ.

Freddie Mercury was a great performer. He was a talented vocalist. He was the best at neither.

exactly, thank you. lets not get all fevered and congratulatory here and try and be a bit sober and realistic. ok fuck sober but at least realistic :lol:

Freddie Mercury was, is and will always be the greatest frontman and vocalist of all times. No one comes close to him.

I can, and I will.

I think hes a shit vocalist and shit musician. Queen are a crock of shit.

I can, and I will.

I think hes a shit vocalist and shit musician. Queen are a crock of shit.

Although I can appreciate certain aspects of Queen and why Mercury appealed to people, I somewhat agree. The problem is that often fans who are into stadium rock bands - and GN'R went through a phase as one of them, certainly - like to claim Mercury is the best frontman ever. What they don't take into account is that there's a whole world of music outside of "stadium rock" - Queen was big, flamboyant, theatrical; very visual. That's what stadium rock is. But then you have brilliant performers of the past like Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis and James Brown, or "regular" rock performers like Springsteen and Iggy and Bowie and Jagger who just kick the shit out of most other rock frontmen. I consider most of these artists to be superior to Freddie Mercury.

And if you want to relegate it to only "stadium rock" music, then I still don't even think Mercury is the greatest. And yes, I do believe Axl was a better frontman in general - but then again, GN'R in '88 was very different from GN'R in '91 and '92. Axl started moving into flamboyant Queen territory when he came out in kilts and short-shorts with backup singers. He was definitely taking a page from Mercury, but I enjoy watching Axl more.

Am I being biased because I'm not a huge Queen fan? No. Because anyone who is the opposite of me is being biased, too - all the people saying Freddie is the best frontman ever are Queen fans.

I love GN'R and Axl is probably my personal favorite frontman of the era he came about in, but I'm not going to say he's the best ever because I can still make objective decisions. I think Elvis Presley was probably the greatest musical performer ever, and he's better than Freddie Mercury by a long shot. So are many other artists.

Q what did freddie mercurys mother say at his funeral?

A thats the cleanest hole he's been in in years

He wasn't buried, you douchebag.

The only people saying Freddie was the greatest frontman ever aren't just Queen fans. I know a lot of people that don't like Queen but they think Freddie was amazing. My brother can't stand Freddie Mercury and he barely likes Queen, but he agrees he's one of the greatest frontmen of all time.

Q what did freddie mercurys mother say at his funeral?

A thats the cleanest hole he's been in in years

He wasn't buried, you douchebag.

The only people saying Freddie was the greatest frontman ever aren't just Queen fans. I know a lot of people that don't like Queen but they think Freddie was amazing. My brother can't stand Freddie Mercury and he barely likes Queen, but he agrees he's one of the greatest frontmen of all time.

:rofl-lol: did you think it really happened??! it was a joke genius. and iggy pop pisses all over anybody as a frontman.

Edited by ffrankwhite