Freddie Mercury

Vincent Vega

No, I didn't think it really happened. I just thought it was a stupid joke.

so you thought you'd convey that by telling me he wasnt buried? thats kind of the long way around making your point isnt it? :rolleyes:

It was a shitty joke. What the fuck do you care how I convey that message?

so you thought you'd convey that by telling me he wasnt buried? thats kind of the long way around making your point isnt it? :rolleyes:

i wouldnt if you weren't addressing me while doing it, douchebag ;)

Edited by ffrankwhite

Freddie Mercury was, is and will always be the greatest frontman and vocalist of all times. No one comes close to him.

NO ONE can argue or debate with this statement.

I can, and I will.

I think hes a shit vocalist and shit musician. Queen are a crock of shit.

Shit-stirrer.

Freddie Mercury was, is and will always be the greatest frontman and vocalist of all times. No one comes close to him.

Freddie and Elvis are pretty close

Jeff Buckley is better, IMO. < about vocalist.

Freddie and Elvis are pretty close

Jeff Buckley is better, IMO. < about vocalist.

Definately. Best male voice I've ever heard.

You're the fucking retard that wrote the joke, so why not address you?

You're the fucking retard that wrote the joke, so why not address you?

i didnt write it, i just relayed it. this is so funny, you're talking yourself into a circle, im not saying you shouldn't address me, i just said that thats the reason why i cared how you conveyed your message. sheesh, talk about talking the long way around :rolleyes::rofl-lol: what're you, a fucking retard? :lol:

Edited by ffrankwhite

I can, and I will.

Oh yes...Freddie Mercury was a terrible singer :rolleyes:.

I can, and I will.

Oh yes...Freddie Mercury was a terrible singer :rolleyes: .

i hope you're joking you tone-deaf moron.

I was :xmassrudolph: . Cause it's pretty obvious he's an amazing singer...but this other tool thinks somehow that Freddie sucks. Sometimes people like to use sarcasm to get their point across rather than long drawn out sentences explaining things; like this one.

:)

I can, and I will.

Oh yes...Freddie Mercury was a terrible singer :rolleyes:.

Yeah, I know he was.

I can, and I will.

Although I can appreciate certain aspects of Queen and why Mercury appealed to people, I somewhat agree. The problem is that often fans who are into stadium rock bands - and GN'R went through a phase as one of them, certainly - like to claim Mercury is the best frontman ever. What they don't take into account is that there's a whole world of music outside of "stadium rock" - Queen was big, flamboyant, theatrical; very visual. That's what stadium rock is. But then you have brilliant performers of the past like Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis and James Brown, or "regular" rock performers like Springsteen and Iggy and Bowie and Jagger who just kick the shit out of most other rock frontmen. I consider most of these artists to be superior to Freddie Mercury.

And if you want to relegate it to only "stadium rock" music, then I still don't even think Mercury is the greatest. And yes, I do believe Axl was a better frontman in general - but then again, GN'R in '88 was very different from GN'R in '91 and '92. Axl started moving into flamboyant Queen territory when he came out in kilts and short-shorts with backup singers. He was definitely taking a page from Mercury, but I enjoy watching Axl more.

Am I being biased because I'm not a huge Queen fan? No. Because anyone who is the opposite of me is being biased, too - all the people saying Freddie is the best frontman ever are Queen fans.

I love GN'R and Axl is probably my personal favorite frontman of the era he came about in, but I'm not going to say he's the best ever because I can still make objective decisions. I think Elvis Presley was probably the greatest musical performer ever, and he's better than Freddie Mercury by a long shot. So are many other artists.

I agree with a lot of that.Is "the greatest front man" tagged only to stadium rock??

(Even if it were,Mercury was good...but he's not all that and a packet of crisps.)

I didn't get to see him live,but I did see 70's Jagger and I did see early 90's Axl...I don't think Mercury holds a candle to them as far as frontmen go....based on the various live Queen dvd's etc that I have.

And outside of arena rock,I've seen lots of amazing frontmen.

Iggy Pop is simply astounding in a smaller venue environment...saw him in '82 (front row) in a small venue with approx. 500 people in attendance and he was absolutely captivating.

I saw Black Flag in '82 as well and Henry Rollins was insane...I thought someone was going to die that night...literally.He was a very powerful frontman.

He was far more captivating and affective than Freddie Mercury leading a sing along chant in ballet tights.

I'm not knocking Freddie...but I've seen some pretty powerful shit that blows Mercury to the sidestage as far as "best frontman ever' goes.

Edited by zint61

I can, and I will.

Although I can appreciate certain aspects of Queen and why Mercury appealed to people, I somewhat agree. The problem is that often fans who are into stadium rock bands - and GN'R went through a phase as one of them, certainly - like to claim Mercury is the best frontman ever. What they don't take into account is that there's a whole world of music outside of "stadium rock" - Queen was big, flamboyant, theatrical; very visual. That's what stadium rock is. But then you have brilliant performers of the past like Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis and James Brown, or "regular" rock performers like Springsteen and Iggy and Bowie and Jagger who just kick the shit out of most other rock frontmen. I consider most of these artists to be superior to Freddie Mercury.

And if you want to relegate it to only "stadium rock" music, then I still don't even think Mercury is the greatest. And yes, I do believe Axl was a better frontman in general - but then again, GN'R in '88 was very different from GN'R in '91 and '92. Axl started moving into flamboyant Queen territory when he came out in kilts and short-shorts with backup singers. He was definitely taking a page from Mercury, but I enjoy watching Axl more.

Am I being biased because I'm not a huge Queen fan? No. Because anyone who is the opposite of me is being biased, too - all the people saying Freddie is the best frontman ever are Queen fans.

I love GN'R and Axl is probably my personal favorite frontman of the era he came about in, but I'm not going to say he's the best ever because I can still make objective decisions. I think Elvis Presley was probably the greatest musical performer ever, and he's better than Freddie Mercury by a long shot. So are many other artists.

I agree with a lot of that.Is "the greatest front man" tagged only to stadium rock??

(Even if it were,Mercury was good...but he's not all that and a packet of crisps.)

I didn't get to see him live,but I did see 70's Jagger and I did see early 90's Axl...I don't think Mercury holds a candle to them as far as frontmen go....based on the various live Queen dvd's etc that I have.

And outside of arena rock,I've seen lots of amazing frontmen.

Iggy Pop is simply astounding in a smaller venue environment...saw him in '82 (front row) in a small venue with approx. 500 people in attendance and he was absolutely captivating.

I saw Black Flag in '82 as well and Henry Rollins was insane...I thought someone was going to die that night...literally.He was a very powerful frontman.

He was far more captivating and affective than Freddie Mercury leading a sing along chant in ballet tights.

I'm not knocking Freddie...but I've seen some pretty powerful shit that blows Mercury to the sidestage as far as "best frontman ever' goes.

Ig' Ig' Ig' Ig' Ig' Ig'!!!!

As a live entertainer, Freddie Mercury was magnificent. He would feed from the crowd's energy, amplifying and projecting it back to them. His 1985 performance at the massive multi-band "Live Aid" concert at Wembley Stadium is a perfect example of his stage prowess he was and always will be one of the great one r.i.p. Freddie

Theres a new Queen live DVD coming out soon. Live in Montreal I think. Saw it on Play.com.

That's been out for a while under the name "We Will Rock You". My copy is from South Korea (my sister bought it for me when she was there) and it's called "Live in Montreal". This is supposed to be an "official" release from Queen Productions with a CD/Vinyl release along with the DVD.