Black Crowes This sunday

gnrrulz

Depends on where you're seeing them, and whether you're a fan of boring...err... jam bands. They're one of my favorite bands if you only count the first two, maybe three albums, but after that I think they're very boring and average. I saw them at the House of Blues, and they played for 3 and 1/2 hours without an opening band. That might sound like a good thing, but it was not. Too many shitty jams, too many of the crappy songs from later albums, and they didn't play the classics. And besides that, you're standing there for 3 and 1/2 hours in a stuffy, smoky room. If it was at an outdoor festival it would have been better. I also saw them open for Tom Petty at an outdoor amitheatre. That was awesome. They played for about an hour, minimal jamming, cranked out the classics and none of the other shit, then got their skinny asses off stage. I loved it.

Depends on where you're seeing them, and whether you're a fan of boring...err... jam bands. They're one of my favorite bands if you only count the first two, maybe three albums, but after that I think they're very boring and average. I saw them at the House of Blues, and they played for 3 and 1/2 hours without an opening band. That might sound like a good thing, but it was not. Too many shitty jams, too many of the crappy songs from later albums, and they didn't play the classics. And besides that, you're standing there for 3 and 1/2 hours in a stuffy, smoky room. If it was at an outdoor festival it would have been better. I also saw them open for Tom Petty at an outdoor amitheatre. That was awesome. They played for about an hour, minimal jamming, cranked out the classics and none of the other shit, then got their skinny asses off stage. I loved it.

Either way it's a great show.

But I'll just say that if I want to hear the songs note for note with no improvisation, or any extended playing of any sort, just hear the songs that were hits, and hear them played note for note...

I'd just stay home and play their greatest hits cd.

That is most certainly NOT what the Black Crowes live experience is about.

Edited by moreblack