Greatest band ever

vulgar

Vote Dammit!  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

bwaha now there are some shitty bands on the list (no offence vulgar)

I'll go with Aerosmith here

EDIT:And vulgar ,my thread was best band from my list,not the greatest band ever ;)

It's all about the Nookie :rolleyes:

nah just the cookies and wookies :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are you fucking kidding me? the beatles of course. i'd also like to add that the stooges and the sex pistols are better than most of those bands and on an even keel with others.

EDIT: shit, i missed Jimi on there, that motherfucker is waaaaayyy up the list

Edited by ffrankwhite

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Futuristic Dragon has some of my favorite shit on it.

Anyway, I think this is actually a very good poll. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but it seems close to perfect to me. Not from my own opinion, but from influence, popularity and the like. Impressive, vulgar.

I would separate them in this way:

First group:

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Second group:

The Doors

Led Zeppelin

Black Sabbath

Third group:

Queen

Pink Floyd

Aerosmith

AC/DC

That obviously leaves the first group as contenders for "the greatest". As a usual defender of The Rolling Stones, and as big a fan as anyone, I have to say that you can't really put them above The Beatles. You could maybe put it at a tie, but the fact of the matter is that The Beatles changed music so profoundly that The Rolling Stones longevity doesn't even compare. Jimi Hendrix was, in my opinion, the greatest musician there ever was, with arguments for only John Coltrane and Miles Davis. But I don't think that I could put the Experience above The Beatles as a "band". Nor The Rolling Stones.

So for the first group I would put things in this order:

1. The Beatles (the "greatest")

2. The Rolling Stones

3. The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Black Sabbath were more influential, and more original than Led Zeppelin. It's tough to say how they compare to The Doors in those respects. Then again, Led Zeppelin released more good records than either of them. Led Zeppelin also served as the archetype for something, which counts for a lot. I think The Doors get the top spot if only for their timing, the influence they very quietly had on heavy metal and groups like the Stooges, and the fact that legions of front men have emulated Jim Morrison over the years, perhaps more than anyone else. Oh, and because The Doors were the greatest live band ever.

For the second group:

1. The Doors

2. Led Zeppelin

3. Black Sabbath

This third group is a lot weaker than the first two. They all had their moments and classic albums, but aren't as great as the rest.

The third group:

1. AC/DC

2. Pink Floyd

3. Aerosmith

4. Queen

So, my take on this poll goes like this:

1. The Beatles (the "greatest")

2. The Rolling Stones

3. The Jimi Hendrix Experience

4. The Doors

5. Led Zeppelin

6 Black Sabbath

7. AC/DC

8. Pink Floyd

9. Aerosmith

10. Queen

I would add Van Halen to the poll and take out... hmm... probably Aerosmith. I disagree with ODS and think that Zeppelin was infinitely more influential and, after the first album or two, more original than Sabbath or The Doors. The Doors are a group on their own, I think. I don't see many bands emulating them. Maybe in a single aspect here and there, but not like groups did with Zeppelin. Zeppelin are definitely in the top group.

1) Stones

2) Zeppelin

3) Jimi

4) Beatles

5) Sabbath

6) Van Halen

7) AC/DC

8) Queen

9) Doors

10) Floyd

bwaha now there are some shitty bands on the list (no offence vulgar)I'll go with Aerosmith hereEDIT:And vulgar ,my thread was best band from my list,not the greatest band ever ;)
Sure nu-metal and post-grunge bands are far better. :rolleyes:
They all suck.
You suck!