Rolling Stones Dead Flowers 1971 (youtube) and the album Sticky Fingers

This song is just... And I know it's a long time ago, but I feel a bit nostalgic, It's simply wonderful :)

I don't have all Stones' albums, but I think Sticky Fingers is the best. Four reasons for that: Dead Flowers, Wild Horses, Brown Sugar, Sister Morphine.

Love many of their other songs though, what do you think?

And it's supposed to say amazing, don't know why it doesnt work... <_<

Edited by Golden Years Of RockN'Roll

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Can't forget Moonlight Mile, You Gotta Move and Bitch. Love that album.

"And I won't forget to put roses on your graaaave" B)

Yeah they're great too indeed... You Gotta Move isn't their song or am I wrong?

Mississippi Fred McDowell

Get Let it Bleed, Exile on Main St., Black and Blue, Some Girls and Aftermath - they're all better than Sticky Fingers. ;)

I already have Exile on Main St, but thanks for the recommendation :) I'll buy them when I get money again :rolleyes: I thought about getting Goats Head Soup too, is it good? Just because of Angie...

Get Let it Bleed, Exile on Main St., Black and Blue, Some Girls and Aftermath - they're all better than Sticky Fingers. ;)

I already have Exile on Main St, but thanks for the recommendation :) I'll buy them when I get money again :rolleyes: I thought about getting Goats Head Soup too, is it good? Just because of Angie...

Shit, how could I forget about Goats Head Soup? Great album, get it when you have the money.

Shit, how could I forget about Goats Head Soup? Great album, get it when you have the money.

i have that one and angie is a great song

Angie, Angie, when will those clouds all disappear

Angie, Angie, where will it lead us from here

With no loving in our souls and no money in our coats

You can't say we're satisfied

But Angie, Angie, you can't say we never tried.

Angie, you're beautiful, but ain't it time we said goodbye

Angie, I still love you, remember all those nights we cried

All the dreams we held so close seemed to all go up in smoke

Let me whisper in your ear

Angie, Angie, where will it lead us from here

Oh, Angie, don't you weep, all your kisses still taste sweet

I hate that sadness in your eyes

But Angie, Angie, ain't it time we say good-bye

With no loving in our souls and no money in our coats

You can't say we're satisfied

But Angie, I still love you, Baby, everywhere I look I see your eyes

There ain't a woman that comes close to you, come on baby, dry our eyes

But Angie, Angie, ain't it good to be alive

Angie, Angie, they can't say we never tried

I will :)

I have watched this video over and over again, and it definately is one of my favourite songs now, since I first heard it when they played at Slane Castle :o I've never seen something like Mick in my entire life, and now I just wanna see them again <_<

• 2 weeks later...

That 1971 clip of Dead Flowers was filmed at London's Marquee Club on March 26 1971.

(I have bootleg footage of the show)

It was the Stone's last stop of the "Goodbye Britain" tour.It was filmed before an audience of family and friends in two shows.They hadn't played the Marquee club since Jan. 31 1963.

Keith is no stranger to heroin at this point,but the band had decided to leave England to escape the crushing tax demands (not the drugs).The film was intended for television broadcast.

There are two cuts of the program.The UK version is 37 min.

The European edit is 50 min.

That 1971 clip of Dead Flowers was filmed at London's Marquee Club on March 26 1971.

(I have bootleg footage of the show)

It was the Stone's last stop of the "Goodbye Britain" tour.It was filmed before an audience of family and friends in two shows.They hadn't played the Marquee club since Jan. 31 1963.

Keith is no stranger to heroin at this point,but the band had decided to leave England to escape the crushing tax demands (not the drugs).The film was intended for television broadcast.

There are two cuts of the program.The UK version is 37 min.

The European edit is 50 min.

I would love to have that...

I don't have all Stones' albums, but I think Sticky Fingers is the best. Four reasons for that: Dead Flowers, Wild Horses, Brown Sugar, Sister Morphine.

I don't really like any of those songs... Goats head soup is my best bet... Dancing with Mr. D, 100 years ago, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo (heartbreak), Angie, Hide your Love, Winter:heart: and it's pretty much the first Stones album where Jagger's voice doesn't suck.