Brides of Destruction

FunkyMonk

Anyone like them?

The only album they have "Here Come the Brides" is pretty damn rockin', I've had it for quite a long while so I just thought someone else here might like it.

It's quite kickass with a few good songs...there's a few duds too of course.

Best tracks:

Shut the Fuck Up - it just plain rocks, they've kinda got a Symphony X vibe going in the first verse...

I Don't Care

I've Got A Gun

Natural Born Killer - most kickass chorus I have ever heard! The song just goes into the chorus and it's just me = rock3 rock3

Life - just a really good song, nice melody...but corny lyrics.

Good guitar (Tracii Guns, probably his best work), and great singing by some guy I don't know. But he's got a really vesatile voice and sounds like a lot of different people song to song.

Anyone that likes kickass rock music should dig this album :).

Bit long-winded to say they kick ass...but meh.

they have a second album called 'runaway brides' by the way.....out with ages.

yeah i liked em both a lot.

Ah shit I didn't even know that :lol:.

Reviews I was just reading 30 seconds ago say it's pretty shit though...maybe I might stick with their debut and not tarnish my image of them...

they have a second album called 'runaway brides' by the way.....out with ages.

yeah i liked em both a lot.

Ah shit I didn't even know that :lol:.

Reviews I was just reading 30 seconds ago say it's pretty shit though...maybe I might stick with their debut and not tarnish my image of them...

I actually think the second one is better! more depth and better song writing in my opinion anyway.

Runaway Brides was deemed a flop, it didn't sell very well or get very good promotion.

Also Nikki Sixx wasn't the bassist at the time because he went back to Crue and Traci and Sixx got into arguments and whatever.

I don't know whats going on with the Brides situation at the moment, when they toured back in December 2 years ago The bassist who was on the album wasn't even touring with them, he'd been fired.

Critics loved the first record because it was poppy and commercial. The second one was better musically, better lyrically, and just overall better - however, it isn't commercial, so critics hate it. Runaway Brides runs rings around the first record.

Critics loved the first record because it was poppy and commercial. The second one was better musically, better lyrically, and just overall better - however, it isn't commercial, so critics hate it. Runaway Brides runs rings around the first record.

i totally agree, never say never and porcelain queen being my two favourite 'brides' songs.