Albums you're glad are insignificant

pain cake

Biffy Clyro - Infinityland

The first single 'Glitter and Trauma' was very popular, but the success was shortlived until they released their latest album. This album is a bit overlooked among the rock community. Songs like 'Wave Upon Wave Upon Wave' and 'Theres No Such Thing As A Jaggy Snake' show their originality and talent of writing catchy choruses with Rush-esque time-signatures.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - The Uplift Mofo Party Plan ....IMO their greatest work,but these days a lot of RHCP fans barely listen to anything pre-Californication,let alone their 80's albums.

I definetly agree on this one. My favorite is their self-titled debut, though.

I'll add Mad Season - Above.

i understand the sentiment and the mentality and i almost dont want to express my opinion here but...i've weened myself away from that mentality because its the first step to becoming the kind of elitist that does one of two thing

1) to condescend to the new fans if and when a particular album or artist gets mainstream popularity

2) to become one of those people that it becomes a reflex too to dislike a band the minute they go overground, regardless of their output.

Well said, you've described so many people I know.

First album that pops in my head is:

The Offspring - Ignition: 'Dirty Magic'....nuff said

Monty

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Obvious one for me to say - but AC/DC's Powerage. It's one of my all-time favourite albums, and so very few people know/recognise it because it didn't really have any hits (aside from Sin City).

It's one of their best albums. Rock N' Roll Damnation is one of the best album openers ever!

But my favorite by AC/DC is Let There Be Rock.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
The Band's self-titled album. You don't know what music is until you listen to that album.

...really.

I find Music From Big Pink a lot better, actually. What's your take on it?

The Band is perhaps one of the most underated bunch of musicians ever.

I've only heard Cahots or what it was called. So it's worth to get inte that band?

The Band's self-titled album. You don't know what music is until you listen to that album.

...really.

I find Music From Big Pink a lot better, actually. What's your take on it?

The Band is perhaps one of the most underated bunch of musicians ever.

I've only heard Cahots or what it was called. So it's worth to get inte that band?

Definetly. Buy/download Music From Big Pink and their self-titled album.