My Guitar Needs Fixing

I went to plug into my Epiphone Les Paul Standard earlier today and when I plugged it in all I got was a lot of buzzing and no sound coming from the guitar when I strummed.

So I took off the backplate where the input jack is.

And where these two blue wires connect to your input jack thingy, one of them had come disconnected.

So I was wondering what sort of repair work does it need and how much would it cost?

Help appreciated.

Edited by Slash Guitarist

Just solder it back on. Don't take it to a shop - its a 5 minute job (not even that). Shops will probably charge a small fortune for it.

Cool man, thanks for the help :)

dont fuck it up though

And how would I do that?

You could splash some solder on some pots and stuff I suppose. Theres a bit of an art to soldering. One tip to remember is that once you have just soldered the thing together, don't blow on the solder to cool it down. Let it cool by iteself - it will be a better joint.

I know i cant solder so i dont even try, im shit at diy

Thats why I dont want to do it myself. :lol:

Get a soldering iron and some solder, find some old electronics around the house and use them for practice. It's really not hard once you've done it a few times.

I know i cant solder so i dont even try, im shit at diy

Thats why I dont want to do it myself. :lol:

Get a soldering iron and some solder, find some old electronics around the house and use them for practice. It's really not hard once you've done it a few times.

I was un-soldering and re-soldering guitar pick-ups last year (when i was 14!)

Its really not hard dude..and i think its insanely fun! :xmasssanta:

Thanks for all the tips everyone :)

But what might have caused the wire to come disconnected, the guitar is only a year old.

If the entire solder joint has come clean off from the jack then it will just be a dodgy solder joint. If the blob of solder is still on the jack and the wire looks like its been ripped then something would have yanked it. Its possible that the nut has come loose making the jack twist when plugged in then stressing the joint. I doubt that though.

Thanks for all the tips everyone :)

But what might have caused the wire to come disconnected, the guitar is only a year old.

If the entire solder joint has come clean off from the jack then it will just be a dodgy solder joint. If the blob of solder is still on the jack and the wire looks like its been ripped then something would have yanked it. Its possible that the nut has come loose making the jack twist when plugged in then stressing the joint. I doubt that though.

The nut was a little loose for sometime and I never really got round to tightening it as I didnt think it made much difference..... it clearly does.