why do people hate nickelback so much

GUNSNROSES513

I like them.A good singles band ,they are shaping up to be the next Bon Jovi.

:laugh:

I thought they were a band which isn't even remotely popular anymore.

:rofl-lol:

their last album has already sold almoust 6 million copies in the US alone in less than 2 years,produced 5 top 20 singles and again enterted the Billboard top 10 this week.

I like them.A good singles band ,they are shaping up to be the next Bon Jovi.

:laugh:

I thought they were a band which isn't even remotely popular anymore.

:rofl-lol:

their last album has already sold almoust 6 million copies in the US alone in less than 2 years,produced 5 top 20 singles and again enterted the Billboard top 10 this week.

That means either, the music industry is very very SLOW, or you are being brainwashed by Billboard again.Next, they will tell you the new group called "Raw Sewage" is very good, so you will go out and buy their pathetic album.If you like it, buy it, but don't let Billboard tell you what's selling, that's BS, just another marketing scam, just like movie critics and Neilson ratings.........ALL BULL, LIES!

They are everything that is wrong with rock these days. The produce songs with THE INTENTION of a bunch of 15 year old girls being able to sing the words while driving in the back seat of their parents car thinking about what shoes they're going to be buying at the mall.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

There's so much to say, the generic sound, the unbelievably stupid lyrics, the half-assed, en vogue heaviness. Some would say that they can be compared to a band like Journey, but at least Journey had a great singer. They don't even do what they do that well. They're totally unspectacular in every way and really just plain bad. It's just that they are inoffensive enough for just about everyone, a real fucking shame.

Chad Kroeger has the single most bland, generic and uninspiring vocal in the rock scene today. It's awful - he can't sing at all... it's like this great big, painful monotone that's only made worse by the Hetfield-esque "I'm constantly straining to push out a brown one" rasp that comes with it. Did I mention that he has no melody to speak of whatsoever?

The music itself shows absolutely zero imagination - it's all the same, and the production is horrible. It's like they try to turn hard cock rock into this commercially viable, radio friendly, lifeless package that's so safe it could bore you to death (literally).

Then the pain. Everything to do with Nickelback has to be painful. Even the fun party songs manage to sound like each member of the band is going through some sort of personal anguish to play them for you. It's mostly the vocals that Kroeger lays down that does it, but it's like they get absolutely zero satisfaction or happiness out of playing music.

Don't even get me started on the lyrics. They are easily the single worst band in the world today.

EDIT: As for the Bon Jovi - at least he had some sort of feeling in his music. Nickelback seem to have no concept of it at all... even their tribute to Dimebag manages to convey zero emotion. Urgh.