HIM - Venus Doom

Iceman24

Picked up their newest album and I have to say, it's awesome. I didn't like their last one that much, but this one rocks. It's way less commercial then their other albums (though I love them, own all HIM albums). The songs are way heavier and there's even some Doom Metal and some nice guitar work on there. Didn't know Lily Lazer is such a fast guitarist. rock3

Outstanding is their 10 minute song "Sleepwalking Past Home". It's one masterpiece.

Anybody got this album?

I can recommend it. And if you don't like HIM, then at least check out the song I mentioned above. Really worth listening to.

Edited by Iceman24

i used to like HIM but since the past album dark light i hated them so i didnt bother with this one but perhaps i should? everyone's been telling that it doesnt suck as the last one

Here you can listen to the new album http://www.myspace.com/himinternational

Check out Love In Cold Blood and Sleepwalking Past Home (don't think it's the whole 10 minute track) and Cyanide Sun. Awesome tracks, really.

Edited by Iceman24

Have these guys been big in Norway for quite awhile? I used to keep in contact with someone from Norway back in 2000, and once they sent me a burned cd with a bunch of songs on it. It had a few songs by this band, HIM. The one song that stuck out was a song called "Your Sweet 666" or something like that. Same band i assume?

I found it kinda odd a couple years ago when all this HIM merch started popping up in Hot Topic and Spencer's.

Have these guys been big in Norway for quite awhile? I used to keep in contact with someone from Norway back in 2000, and once they sent me a burned cd with a bunch of songs on it. It had a few songs by this band, HIM. The one song that stuck out was a song called "Your Sweet 666" or something like that. Same band i assume?

I found it kinda odd a couple years ago when all this HIM merch started popping up in Hot Topic and Spencer's.

Yes, it's the same band. They are from Finland and they have been quite big in Europe since, let's say 1999 I think their last album reached the US Top 20, too

This has to be my fav HIM song. rock3

Why have I never heard that song? It's on Uneasy listening, but some say, it's on RR, but I don't think so. :unsure:

Hmmm I have RR and it's on my CD, weird.

Strange. Okay, I have a limited edition, I think that was only available in Finland. I have a bonus disc with live versions and instead of One Last Time I have a new recording of My Sweet 666 and Wicked Game.

But I checked amazon. The regular version hasn't got that song on it either. :unsure: