top 5 most passionate songwriters.

Guest Metatron

Guest Jack_the_ripper

So the title is pretty explanatory, basically just list 5 people you think that pours their heart out in songs, and that are the most passionate. I'll go first:

5. John Lennon

4. Eric Clapton: The master of the blues guitar for what, the last 30 years? but listen to tears in heaven, and if your heart doesn't cry, your not human.

3. Bob Marley: he's greatly underminded, but he wrote some of the most passionate songs I have ever heard.

2. Robert Johnson: have you ever heard of a man who because of his own song is an actual legend? I can't descrive his amount of emotion in his song, you gotta listen to the old scratchy recording to get what I mean.

1. Jeff Buckley: I've never heard a musician pour his soul in every single song, whether he wrote it or not... he just sings with such passion that his music is some of the most intense music I've ever heard, so Intense that some people don't like the intensity of it

honorable mentions:

Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Axl Rose, Morrisey.

Edited by Jack_the_ripper

I'd like to add somebody I don't expect anyone else to mention. I'd like to add Joni Mitchell

Arrogant much?

how'd you figure?

I just get the impression that hes not expecting anyone to even have heard Joni Mitchell. As if everyone else has overlooked her because she isn't exactly a rock icon. I agree with his choice though.

I'll add Damien Rice.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
I'd like to add somebody I don't expect anyone else to mention. I'd like to add Joni Mitchell

Arrogant much?

how'd you figure?

I just get the impression that hes not expecting anyone to even have heard Joni Mitchell. As if everyone else has overlooked her because she isn't exactly a rock icon. I agree with his choice though.

I'll add Damien Rice.

considering the mental age of this forum, I don't really expect for that many people here to listen to Joni. They have a tendancy to idolize the likes of Lennon, Dylan, etc. and most have probably never even heard a Joni song.

It's not arrogance as much as realism.

Edited by Jack_the_ripper

Arrogant much?

how'd you figure?

I'll add Damien Rice.

considering the mental age of this forum, I don't really expect for that many people here to listen to Joni. They have a tendancy to idolize the likes of Lennon, Dylan, etc. and most have probably never even heard a Joni song.

Hmm...you've got a point there.

I first heard Joni on a documentary about the American music scene at that time, it talked about Neil Young, James Taylor and CSN.

Still havent got a Joni album though...

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Arrogant much?

how'd you figure?

I'll add Damien Rice.

Hmm...you've got a point there.

I first heard Joni on a documentary about the American music scene at that time, it talked about Neil Young, James Taylor and CSN.

Still havent got a Joni album though...

take a look at her album "Blue" if you want a joni album, it's quite the masterpiece.