Black Sabbath

Vincent Vega

The only real Sabbath is with Ozzy, Bill, Geezer and Iommi.

I'm not saying that The Dio era was bad, Heaven And Hell is great album, but it's not Sabbath.

I always thought that until I got a free copy of The Dio Years and was so fucking blown away. Just saw Heaven And Hell for the second time in 2 weeks last night! rock3

I honestly don't see how anyone can dislike Dio. Sure, his lyrics aren't the best, but his voice is amazing, even still so at 65, and he's a fucking maniac live. God forbid if Ozzy died tomorrow and Dio became the permanent Sabbath frontman again, I can't say I'd be dissappointed, especially after seeing both lineups live sometime in the last 2 years.

But there's nothing beyond the Dio era thats worth listening to. It all went downhill after The Mob Rules, with the exception of Dehumanizer

I think they had an awesome running start to their 80s carreer, Mob Rules and Heaven and Hell are some of the best hard rock of the early 80s, and Dio's replacement Ian Gillan kicked ass on the followup Born Again. I'd probably go as far as to say Gillan was probably the best pure vocalist that band ever had...

I think they had an awesome running start to their 80s carreer, Mob Rules and Heaven and Hell are some of the best hard rock of the early 80s, and Dio's replacement Ian Gillan kicked ass on the followup Born Again. I'd probably go as far as to say Gillan was probably the best pure vocalist that band ever had...

Born Again is a kickass album, but I myself am not a big Gillan fan. He did fine on Sabbath but no match to Dio.

Either way I even prefer Coverdale to Gillan in Purple so...

Always loved Born Again. What an underated album. Love the title track, Keep it Warm, Trashed. I wouldn't go as far to say Dio isn't as pure as Gillan --just totally different styles. My favorite Gillan performance though is the lead on the Jesus Crist Superstar album along with Carl Anderson as Judas. Those were some unbelievable vocal performances

I'm not saying that The Dio era was bad, Heaven And Hell is great album, but it's not Sabbath.

I always thought that until I got a free copy of The Dio Years and was so fucking blown away. Just saw Heaven And Hell for the second time in 2 weeks last night! rock3

I honestly don't see how anyone can dislike Dio. Sure, his lyrics aren't the best, but his voice is amazing, even still so at 65, and he's a fucking maniac live. God forbid if Ozzy died tomorrow and Dio became the permanent Sabbath frontman again, I can't say I'd be dissappointed, especially after seeing both lineups live sometime in the last 2 years.

But there's nothing beyond the Dio era thats worth listening to. It all went downhill after The Mob Rules, with the exception of Dehumanizer

Hey - I saw them Sept. 5th. Where you there?

To those who think Dio era is not good.

The Sign Of The Southern Cross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pux2onb-V4

And don't forget this man is 65 years old. He maybe can't touch his singing in the studio version, which is maybe the best singing ever, but he still can pull of this incredible song.

Someone mentioned the lyrics before. I think his lyrics are so awesome. They are so moony. Absolutely love them. For example the lyrics of the song mentioned before.

If there isnt light when no one sees

Then how can I know what you might believe?

A story told that cant be real

Somehow must reflect the truth we feel, yeah

Fade away, fade away

Vanish into small

Fade away, fade away

Break the crystal ball - oh!

Its the sign

Feels like the time!

On a small world, west of wonder

Somwhere, nowhere all

Theres a rainbow that will shimmer

When the summer falls

If an echo darts in dancer

When it hears a certain song

Then the beast is free to wander

But never is seen around

And its the sign of the southern cross

Its the sign of the southern cross

All right

Sail away

To the sign

Ohh

From the book, the word is spoken

Whispers from forgotten psalms

Gather all around the young ones

They will make us strong

Reach above your dreams of pleasure

Given life to those who died

Look beyond your own horizons

Sail the ship of signs

And its the sign of the southern cross

Fade away, fade away

Break the crystal ball

Fade away, fade away

I cant accept it anymore

On a real world, west of wonder

Somwhere, nowhere all

Theres a rainbow, see it shimmer

When the summer falls

From the book, the word is spoken

Whispers from forgotten psalms

Gather all around the young ones

They will make us strong!

Dont live for pleasure

Make life your treasure

Fade away!

Eight miles high, about to fall

And no one there to catch you

Look for the sign, the time

The sign of the southern cross, yeah

Have you ever seen the real Black Sabbath live?

You'll get your mind blowed away. It was by far the greatest thing I've ever experienced!

It was insane!

I recommend everyone to check out The Black Sabbtah concert from Paris i 1970.

Man, what a great show that must have been. It's the tightest thing I've ever heard.

The best hardrock band ever, on it's best. Ozzy's voice is by far the greatest I've ever heard on

that show. Iommi's riffs have never been better, and Geezer and Bill is just so DAMN TIGHT you couldnt believe it.

Everyone check out The Paris gig from 1970.

Hey - I saw them Sept. 5th. Where you there?

Yep, 12th row on Geezers side! rock3

Have you ever seen the real Black Sabbath live?

You'll get your mind blowed away. It was by far the greatest thing I've ever experienced!

It was insane!

I recommend everyone to check out The Black Sabbtah concert from Paris i 1970.

Man, what a great show that must have been. It's the tightest thing I've ever heard.

The best hardrock band ever, on it's best. Ozzy's voice is by far the greatest I've ever heard on

that show. Iommi's riffs have never been better, and Geezer and Bill is just so DAMN TIGHT you couldnt believe it.

Everyone check out The Paris gig from 1970.

Yea, I saw them with Ozzy in 2005. I wasn't really into Sabbath yet, I had only gone to Ozzfest for Maiden. And it wasn't Ozzy that really made me find interest in Sabbath. Sure, he used to be good, but now hes washed up. And yea, I've seen the Paris '70 show, one of their best!

When I saw them in Switzerland I was 1st row Iommi side: rock3

dsc00494nbw9.jpg

And to the guys who say it's not Black Sabbath. Who cares? They make awesome music, I think that's what it's all about.

Fuck me, that must've been amazing! I was about 10th row on Tony's side the second time I saw them

Hey - I saw them Sept. 5th. Were you there?

Cool - I was in the 1st row in section 2 on the same side! They sounded great!

I saw the original BS a LONG time ago. ;)

That was my first time seeing Alice and I enjoyed it more than I expected.