MCR isn't Emo?

inthisriver

I'm starting to like a few of their songs these days...I try not to but their new song Teenagers is really cool IMO.

:ph34r:

I think I'll download their new album

I might do that..I kind of liked that Teenagers song too, but I don't like how they're associated with puss..erm, I mean emo..I can't help if I like a song though..So, I really shouldn't care..

I'm open-minded. But I'm not going to let my brain fall out. I was born with the gift of discerning what sucks and what doesn't. Everyone is born with this gift. Unfortunately, many people do not use this gift, and therefore lose the ability.

Come on... the generic bad singing... the sappy-as-fuck lyrics... the same annoying drum beat the whole tune... mediocre-at-best overall musicianship? What is there to actually like there?

And another thing... when a huge mass of people constantly criticise a band or something, there's likely actually something to that. It's not all people following a trend.

I admit, I didn't like the singers voice at first either, but it sorta grew on me. Just like many people don't like Axls singing, that doesn't mean he's a bad singer at all (now, I'm not putting Gerard Way on the same level as Axl Rose or anything, just using that as an example :P). It's just an acquired taste. I don't see anything wrong with the lyrics at all... certainly more creative than any of the other MTV bands out there. I didn't mean to sound like they're THE BEST THING EVER or anything, but there's no denying that they're better than loads of other bands out there getting air time on MTV. They certainly don't "blow".

Your last statement is SO false as well. MCR get criticized because they're a pretty popular band. Many popular bands get hugely criticized. Loads of people hate Greenday, yet you can't say they're a bad band, can you? Hell, even shitloads of people hate GN'R these days, yet they're certainly not a bad band. Just because a certain group of people criticize something doesn't make it true.

EDIT: Also, another reason MCR are hugely criticized is not by their music but by their physical appearance. On their first album, a lot of them had the long dyed black hair and the make-up and whatnot, which then labeled them into emo. And since such a vast majority hate anything that has to do with emo... well you get where I'm going.

i gotta good reason why i hate them

cause it's my opinion, and any person that has to give a reason for an opinion must have been asked by someone with thier head so far up their ass that they don't know what one is

now, i'm ok with a person that hates acdc cause it's their opinion, but don't be dumb enough to need a reason

Good for you... but I don't give two shits if you don't like them. But when people say they suck like it's some widely known fact, that's when I'd like them to try and back it up. I never asked for someone to back up their opinion.

I'm starting to like a few of their songs these days...I try not to but their new song Teenagers is really cool IMO.

Go for it. Their latest album is their best, imo. ^_^

Edited by Moop

tbizzle found this while scanning Ultimate Guitar.

"My Chemical Romance are a surefire hit within the genre referred to as“a pile of shit.”

Frontman Gerard Way is fine with media outlets bracketing his band with that tag and decided to elaborate.

Way ranted: “Basically, it's accurate to describe us as a pile of shit.Shit bands were being booked while we were touring with other shit bands because no one would book us on non-shit tours.

“I think our band is fucking garbage, it's bullshit. I think there's other shit bands that unfortunately we get lumped in with that are considered shit and by default that starts to make us shit”

“All I can say is anyone actually listening to shit records should put the records next to each other and listen to them because there's actually great similarities. It's all a pile of shit.”

Thanks for the info to Gigwise.com.

sounds about right..

I might do that..I kind of liked that Teenagers song too, but I don't like how they're associated with puss..erm, I mean emo..I can't help if I like a song though..So, I really shouldn't care..

you hooray for tolerance!s :ph34r: