Radiohead.

Estranged Reality

Maybe Axl should release Chinese Democracy in cassette format only to discourage downloading it illegally. He could also make a fortune by manufacturing and selling cassette players, since not many of them exist anymore. A box set of (1) Chinese Democracy cassette and (1) GNR Cassette player.

CAF1300AV_big.png

Maybe Axl should release Chinese Democracy in cassette format only to discourage downloading it illegally. He could also make a fortune by manufacturing and selling cassette players, since not many of them exist anymore. A box set of (1) Chinese Democracy cassette and (1) GNR Cassette player.

CAF1300AV_big.png

You actually have a really great idea there. Not so much in cassette format, but vinyl. I'd love to buy vinyl albums but players are like $50. Imagine a company selling a basic record player for like $20 and the vinyl release for like $5 or $10. Marketed right that idea could make millions.

Really great idea. haha

I just preordered the Radiohead album for free, btw. I'm a bastard. :lol: I should have paid something, but I can't be bothered to dish out a credit card right now.

You could have atleast given a buck for it, geez.

I also just pre-ordered it for 0 down. If I like the album I'll buy it when it's in stores. I have all their albums except Kid A and Amnesiac, so I'll most likely buy it. Radiohead deserves to be commended for sticking it to the record companies. The record companies have been fucking over the real music fans for about ten years now with all the formulated shit they sell like Brintney, her whore posse, soulless rap, American Idol shit, and emo-fags.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Trent Reznor mentioned doing something like this a few months ago.

Given all that, do you have any idea how to approach the release of your next album?

I've have one record left that I owe a major label, then I will never be seen in a situation like this again. If I could do what I want right now, I would put out my next album, you could download it from my site at as high a bit-rate as you want, pay $4 through PayPal. Come see the show and buy a T-shirt if you like it. I would put out a nicely packaged merchandise piece, if you want to own a physical thing. And it would come out the day that it's done in the studio, not this "Let's wait three months" bullshit.

Everyone keep in mind something here when talking about this, Security settings on music does not work, I can record ANYTHING played on my computer no problem in high bitrate. Exclusive downloads for the fans on the official website is beyond stupid, one will pay and then share it, anyone can do it you know it and so does Axl Rose...

I want the cd, and so do thousands if not millions worldwide

Gunsguy

I just preordered the Radiohead album for free, btw. I'm a bastard. :lol: I should have paid something, but I can't be bothered to dish out a credit card right now.

I also just pre-ordered it for 0 down. If I like the album I'll buy it when it's in stores. I have all their albums except Kid A and Amnesiac, so I'll most likely buy it. Radiohead deserves to be commended for sticking it to the record companies. The record companies have been fucking over the real music fans for about ten years now with all the formulated shit they sell like Brintney, her whore posse, soulless rap, American Idol shit, and emo-fags.

The more I read your posts the more I wonder if you are my lost child or not? Are you????

The more I read your posts the more I wonder if you are my lost child or not? Are you????

That depends, are you rich Dad?

I have all their albums except Kid A and Amnesiac

Kid A is their best.

I think Radiohead have been playing this new album in its entirety at their live shows for quite some time.

Buying an album directly from an artist without any money going to the soulless suits who run the record labels sounds great to me. The death of the CD doesn't have to be a bad thing for artists - it could eventually give them a lot more power.

This is huge. Everyone should at least contribute something for the download though-the more money this cd makes, the more likely other bands will release albums this way in the future. Fuck the labels.

reason why the hoax was such a coincidence is because "radiocoocoo" aka rex who set up "radioheadlp7.com", knew what radiohead were planning and knows the band ..and thought it would be funny, in fact it just looked stupid.

I dont think going back to the bends era is being unrevolutionary and unprogressive by any stretch, as radiohead tend to do better at writing acoustic songs then writing electronica in my opinion, and it would be great to hear thom sing with an angelic voice again....

i actually enjoy electronic, jazz when its done well, like boards of canada for instance do it well, i dont think radiohead do except for Kid A ...they wrote and recorded a terrific ambient album with the use of different tools to their previous albums....

since then they seemed to have lost direction, but still write gems like "there there", "go to sleep", "dollars and cents" .."knives out", "ptramid song"...

Edited by Logan18