Metallica

aussie_axl

Your messed up...Everything before the Black Album was gold. Every album had a new sound, they were taking their music in a new direction everytime. Then Bob Rock stepped in the picture and turned everyhting to shit. Everything sounded the same after that, it's boring. Then just when you think they couldn't get any worse St. Anger was released. It's a good thing they've that Bob Rock isn't there anymore, but I think they're lost without him, a perfect example is the 2 new tracks they were playing last year.

Your messed up...Everything before the Black Album was gold. Every album had a new sound, they were taking their music in a new direction everytime. Then Bob Rock stepped in the picture and turned everyhting to shit. Everything sounded the same after that, it's boring. Then just when you think they couldn't get any worse St. Anger was released. It's a good thing they've that Bob Rock isn't there anymore, but I think they're lost without him, a perfect example is the 2 new tracks they were playing last year.

i agree metallica1

Kill 'Em All

Ride the Lightning

Master of Puppets

these three albums are metallicas best work everything after black is well you know

i agree metallica1

Kill 'Em All

Ride the Lightning

Master of Puppets

these three albums are metallicas best work everything after black is well you know

I agree for the most part with both of you on that. But I think when Metallica turned to shit was when they did St. Anger. The Load and ReLoad minus the Black Album and Garage Inc (which has some of their old stuff) I agree did sound the same or at least similar. Then St. Anger came along at a time when nu metal was still a little popular and then they tried to do something like that. And I don't agree Bob Rock turned them to shit. He produced some good albums outside of Metallica but so has Rick Rubin. So we will have to wait and see what the new album brings.

Wow, that is one fucked up statement(s)

Dated?

I can throw in the Puppets album or Ride the Lightning today and it kicks most of the asses of bands that try to sound like they play good rock music

You throw in Load now, and I start yawning

well the tital saids it all, musically it's the best they come up with, maybe besides black, the other albums sound so dated, yes i know there older, but it all sounds the same the old songs, discuss.

I agree. The metal albums are great, but the Loads are just amazing. Helped me through a whole summer. :)

nah, I tend to avoid those. Metallica as a rock band was good. Metallica as a metal band was better.

maybe thats it, maybe i'm a rock fan, not a huge metal fan, i mean they go from I Disappear, to St Anger!???, what a fucking mistake, rock owns everything.

rock owns everything.

not when it comes to Metallica. It was their fall from Godhood to just another rock band...

maybe to those over 40, but to a new generation they were the only rock band going around at the time (late 90's early 00's), plus rock's just cooler in every department, look what going back to metal got metallica? st.FLOP.

rock owns everything.

not when it comes to Metallica. It was their fall from Godhood to just another rock band...

maybe to those over 40, but to a new generation they were the only rock band going around at the time (late 90's early 00's), plus rock's just cooler in every department, look what going back to metal got metallica? st.FLOP.

if you can call that metal... :rolleyes:

rock owns everything.

what would you call it? they said they wanted to get back to where it all started for them, you know like ride the lighting.

rock owns everything.

what would you call it? they said they wanted to get back to where it all started for them, you know like ride the lighting.

But they didn't go back to where it started from.

rock owns everything.

:rofl-lol: you can see how well that went eh?

rock owns everything.

:rofl-lol: you can see how well that went eh?

opps lol, Lightning!

yeah that one sold really well in 83, and they tried to do it again in 03, but it didn't work...why?... because it's dated, they should of kept moving in the right direction, not moving backwards muscially.

Edited by aussie_axl