The Grunge Era

Vincent Vega

Hey,

I've been listening to a lot of songs from the grunge years--especially from 1994--it seems the year was very bleak and very depressed/depressing. I mean, songs like "Black Hole Sun", ''Rooser'', ''Down in Hole'', "Pay No Mind (I know that's not grunge)", and "Betterman", it seems that there was this undertone of hopelessness and just a lack of happiness that Summer and that year. Is that how '94 was like? It seems that the generation growing up that made the grunge era what it was had a lot of pain....

Edited by Mr. Miser

The Grunge Era is the era I most want to live in... Just seems the perfect surrounding for me. I've heard lotsa stories about those times from my sister and it seems it was much more of a community thing than it is nowadays between friends...

For example she told me, that their schoolbus-driver stopped and tuned the radio louder when Kurt Cobains death was announced, and some of her friends (both boys n girls) started crying.

Btw, cool thread, I want to hear more stories from those, who lived and experienced this era.

Edited by Spoon87

t seems that there was this undertone of hopelessness and just a lack of happiness that Summer and that year. Is that how '94 was like?

Naw, it was more about being real. The musicians wanted to be your average jerk offs instead of fat bloated rock stars.

and they sooooo succeeded. I don't miss them much.

i guess some people like a little acting from their acts.

t seems that there was this undertone of hopelessness and just a lack of happiness that Summer and that year. Is that how '94 was like?

Naw, it was more about being real. The musicians wanted to be your average jerk offs instead of fat bloated rock stars.

what do you mean..?

what do you mean..?

its very interesting that...some people are an act...some people try to act like they're not acting and therefore probably are more of an act than those that they are trying to distance themselves from. just a passing thought really.