The Rolling Stones vs. The Beatles

Vincent Vega

The Rolling Stones Vs. The Beatles  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both bands were hugely influencial, the Beatles more so however, and were more popular. Both made classic music, beloved by millions and made and broke a lot of rules of the music business as they went along. For the Stones, only go by the Stones material up to 1970; songs after 1970 by the Stones aren't allowed. Some of both bands work is very beautiful, such as The Long and Winding Road, As My Guitar Gently Weeps, Julia, Across the Universe, In My Life and many others by the Beatles, and songs such as Gimmie Shelter, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Paint it Black, She's A Rainbow, Midnight Rambler, No Expectations, Mother's Little Helper, Salt of the Earth and many others. So which is the better band?

Edited by Mr. Miser

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Beatles were artistically better and had a stronger track record of consistency, but the Stones is more fun to listen to for me - and I think their sound holds up a bit better to be honest. I prefer that raw, gritty rock vibe; it's a hard choice, because Sgt. Pepper's is better than anything they made, but overall I prefer the Stones.

The Beatles, no fucking question at all. The Rolling Stones has released a lot of crap albums (Undercover, anyone?), while The Beatles has only released one crap album (Yellow Submarine).

For me, it's not necessarily about who's better strictly in literal terms. You can't compare bands by judging how many good albums they have. It's a personal reaction to the band that I think is more important. I love the Beatles, but something about the Stones I tend to find myself enjoying more regularly - their bluesy rock sound is a bit more appealing to me. They released some really mediocre albums, but at their best they were wonderful, and that "clicks" with me more than the Beatles.

The Beatles, no fucking question at all. The Rolling Stones has released a lot of crap albums (Undercover, anyone?), while The Beatles has only released one crap album (Yellow Submarine).

For me, it's not necessarily about who's better strictly in literal terms. You can't compare bands by judging how many good albums they have. It's a personal reaction to the band that I think is more important. I love the Beatles, but something about the Stones I tend to find myself enjoying more regularly - their bluesy rock sound is a bit more appealing to me. They released some really mediocre albums, but at their best they were wonderful, and that "clicks" with me more than the Beatles.

I compare them with my personal reactions of the albums, as well as their sound.

I always tend to love bands who were way ahead of their time, The Beatles is perhaps the best example of that - I don't think The Rolling Stones could do something as drastic as using a sitar as a main instrument in one of their early albums, like The Beatles did.

I hate the types of questions because they prove nothing-no one is going to change someone else's mind as far as something so subjective. What criteria are we supposed to judge on anyway?

That being said, I'll take the Beatles every time.

The Beatles. I love the stones, but they aren't even close.

Ding, ding, ding.

Thats exactly how I feel. Honestly, to me, I think comparing them is kind of a joke. But I guess it's unfair for me to even vote considering in my eyes the Beatles are the greatest thing to ever exist in music.

Well as a rock fan there's really no comparison, the stones is the victor. Despite all the praise I've heard people give the beatles throughout my life, I have never been able to get into their stuff. Helter Skleter was the only tune I found interesting, the rest were harmonized ballads that go nowhere with me. The Stones will always be the first real rock band in my perception, the first white guys to steal the sound from Chuck Berry and package it accordingly.