The Rolling Stones vs. The Beatles

Vincent Vega

The Rolling Stones Vs. The Beatles  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're only going by the Stones work up to 1970. It would be unfair to judge Stones work post 1970 because the Beatles stopped existing in 1970.

Not true, that's one of the main arguments that Stones supporters use: The Beatles were only around for 8 years and the Stones are still going. And besides, how long a band has been operating for doesn't have anything to do with my opinion on them. The Gunner's didn't last long, and I consider them one of the best bands ever. It's their output that they should be judged on, and even with a 40+ year career, the Stones' output is dwarfed by what the Beatles put out in 8.

Hey, The Who deserve a lot of credit for shaping the 60s and 70s music-scene, as well, they did some amazing and innovative shit, like Tommy, for example.

i agree, i was being half serious. i know a lot of people actually who prefer them to the beatles and/or the stones :)

im forever posting this but i think its one of the greatest performances by one of the greatest bands ever. whatever the beatles/stones might have had, The Who were the premier live act :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUu0B63qnAI

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Half serious, huh? :lol: But I completely agree, The Who are perhaps the best live band ever.

This is my favorite performance by The Who, though, just look at Townshend, he must be stoned out of his mind. :lol:

That was fucking awsome!

it's like a "Compare and contrast Rolling Stones to Beatles" topic... which is stupid, they both are great..! And really different .

They're not really different if you look at The Rolling Stones' 60s-material - they tried to copy The Beatles' every move.

no way the stones had a lot more dirtier sound than the Beatles.

Edited by awesome 80's

it's like a "Compare and contrast Rolling Stones to Beatles" topic... which is stupid, they both are great..! And really different .

They're not really different if you look at The Rolling Stones' 60s-material - they tried to copy The Beatles' every move.

and that cancels out any possibility of copycatting huh? :rolleyes:

Listen to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, then listen to Their Satanic Majesties Request. Comprende? ;)

Listen to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, then listen to Their Satanic Majesties Request. Comprende? ;)

in fact, the beatles wrote their first hit (I Wanna Be Your Man).

but to end this, The Beatles are the greatest band of all times. disagree with me and im gonna go all Jay and Silent Bob on your ass and find out where all of you live, and kill you. thank you for your time :)

Null vote, i cant choose between em.

Yeah I'd have to say the same, although if it were Stones compared to Beatles by whole discography I'd probably have to say Stones.

WTF!??!? How can you say that? The only way can you justify picking the Stones is by NOT comparing dicography's. God Damn It! The Beatles of the fucking greatest discography in the history of fucking music. Normally I would say "well thats just my opinion," But it's a fact!

This thread disgusts me. You are all morons.

Edit.. and I don't even dislike the Stones...

Edited by tbizzle

Null vote, i cant choose between em.

Yeah I'd have to say the same, although if it were Stones compared to Beatles by whole discography I'd probably have to say Stones.

WTF!??!? How can you say that? The only way can you justify picking the Stones is by NOT comparing dicography's. God Damn It! The Beatles of the fucking greatest discography in the history of fucking music. Normally I would say "well thats just my opinion," But it's a fact!

This thread disgusts me. You are all morons.

Edit.. and I don't even dislike the Stones...

i love you :rofl-lol: