Bruce Springsteen - The River

worldwideboss

I have been a fan of Bruce Springsteen for quite some time, and, while I was in the process of buying his studio albums, there was always one that I for some reason couldn't get around to buy - The River. Maybe because it is a double album and therefore more expensive and I was afraid I wouldn't like it very much. But a few weeks ago I saw it and decided I'd buy it - after all, it was one of the few I was missing and I was curious.

At first I liked it, but didn't consider it a masterpiece. However, some tunes, aside from the well-known title track and Hungry Heart, got stuck in my head (Sherry Darling, Two Hearts, Out In The Street, Cadillac Ranch and Ramrod, mainly) and I put it on rotation. And I was surprised by how good this album really is. It has everything: introspective slow songs, great rockers and characters whose stories hit you hard.

I am happy to say The River is one of the best albums I have in my collection and one that I can put on whenever I feel like it, because it just has so much variety.

Edited by worldwideboss

I can't believe it was one of tha last albums you bought by Bruce :o

It was one of my first and i loved it from the first time i played it. I have every studio and live album released by Bruce and also the compilations, he is just one of my absolute idols :D

Edited by gnr=axl

Believe it or not, I actually bought Lucky Town before it...

But I am happy I finally bought it. Oh, and I forgot to mention, but Drive All Night is one of the best songs ever, in my opinion.

Drive all Night is just a stunning song.

''Through the wind, through the rain, the snow, the wind, the rain

You've got, you've got my, my love, heart and soul'' :wub:

Believe it or not, I actually bought Lucky Town before it...

But I am happy I finally bought it. Oh, and I forgot to mention, but Drive All Night is one of the best songs ever, in my opinion.

Drive all Night is just a stunning song.

''Through the wind, through the rain, the snow, the wind, the rain

You've got, you've got my, my love, heart and soul'' :wub:

Those lyrics are just beautiful. And the sax... Oh, the sax... :wub:

I've only got Born To Run but I listen to it heaps and I really love it, one of my favourite albums.

Has Springsteen made any albums that are mostly either just him and a piano, or him and acoustic guitar? You know, just really stripped down...cause I'd love that.

Has Springsteen made any albums that are mostly either just him and a piano, or him and acoustic guitar? You know, just really stripped down...cause I'd love that.

Yes, he has. 3 of them, actually:

- Nebraska (1982)

- The Ghost of Tom Joad (1995)

- Devils & Dust (2005)

I don't have The Ghost of Tom Joad yet, so I can't account for it, but both Nebraska and Devils & Dust are fantastic - especially Nebraska, which is one of my favourite albums.