What's the Best Beatles Album?

Vincent Vega

Which is the best Beatles album in your opinions and why?

Please Please Me (1963)

With the Beatles (1963)

A Hard Days Night (1964)

Beatles for Sale (1964)

Help! (1965)

Rubber Soul (1965)

Revolver (1966)

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club (1967)

The Beatles (1968)

Yellow Submarine (1969)

Abbey Road (1969)

Let It Be (1970)

I personally love the White Album. After that, it's Rubber Soul.

Why? I think they're the most consistently good ones. The White Album is packed full of songs from all kinds of genres and they all KICK ASS. The songs are just TOO good. I mean, how do you rise to that level of goodness? You don't, only The Beatles do. It's just how it is.

Edited by bluesy

Oh, man, this is a tough one. I'm perhaps a little biased when saying this, but I'd say Rubber Soul is their best album, I just love the experimenting with the sitar and folk music; it's the album they finally grew up from the sound of albums like Meet the Beatles and Beatles for Sale, plus, there's absolutely no filler - all the songs on that album are perfect or nearly perfect.

Sgt. Pepper's.

The White Album is excellent, but there's some bad filler (like Rocky Racoon). The experimentation is admirable, but it has more of their worst material than any other album. Yet - USSR and Glass Onion are absolute favourites.

rocky raccoons great, whats wrong with it? a fun little Dylaned out McCartney song :)

On topic: I can't pick a favourite. Anything from Rubber Soul on (With the exclusion of Yellow Submarine) is just amazing.

Off-topic: It's sad. The Beatles did more in 7 years than Axl's done in 14.

The beatles did more in 7 years than the rest of the world has done musically in history :lol:

It's a soundtrack and a studio album , as well (and an even better one, I might add), just as Yellow Submarine.

its a bit different though cuz Yellow Submarine wasn't exactly a product of the time it was released in. i think like 6 or 8 songs were werent there? (i cant remember exactly) and the rest was stuff recorded at various periods in their career whereas with Help it was like "OK, we need this many songs boys, write em". Yellow Submarines like...some askew variation of a B Sides unreleased compilation with some new matierial thrown in. or predominantly new matierial with some scraps thrown in...not the sort of treatment the boys would give to something thats meant to be an album-album.

It's a soundtrack and a studio album , as well (and an even better one, I might add), just as Yellow Submarine.

its a bit different though cuz Yellow Submarine wasn't exactly a product of the time it was released in. i think like 6 or 8 songs were werent there? (i cant remember exactly) and the rest was stuff recorded at various periods in their career whereas with Help it was like "OK, we need this many songs boys, write em". Yellow Submarines like...some askew variation of a B Sides unreleased compilation with some new matierial thrown in. or predominantly new matierial with some scraps thrown in...not the sort of treatment the boys would give to something thats meant to be an album-album.

You're right about that, but it is technically a studio album.