New Ozzy Interview

Black Sabbath

Osbourne took part in the teleconference to push his forthcoming tour with Rob Zombie [ tickets ], which supports his latest album, "Black Rain," and kicks off Oct. 18 in Seattle. Osbourne said he's looking forward to the tour because he misses playing arenas and he's good friends with Zombie. Most of the Ozzfest shows were housed in summer sheds.

"I'm lucky at my age to be still doing gigs, you know?" he said. "He [Zombie] did my last music video and he's into being a director, a film guy. I mean, that's his passion, I figure. But, saying that, he's also a great rock and roller. He really, really is. I admire him tremendously. He's a really dear friend of mine as well."

When asked if the two will collaborate on stage, he was vague.

"You never know. I mean, I'll go, 'No,' but then I'll go up from [this room] and my wife will say, 'By the way, they'll want you to do a duet."

Those who attended Ozzfest and purchased tickets to the arena tour are guaranteed to see a different performance.

"I want to try and do something different. I'll be doing, probably, hopefully, a bunch of the songs from ['Black Rain']. But I'm going to change it. I'm going to try and add a couple of different songs which I haven't heard because my [catalog] goes way back now."

During the one-hour teleconference, he also touched on a variety of subject, including:

Ozzfest 2008--saying he's doing it "as far as I know"

Director Peter Margolis' forthcoming documentary about Osbourne's late guitarist Randy Rhoads. He said he's not going to be involved, however, he will continue to send flowers to the grave on the anniversary of Rhoads' death.

The future of Black Sabbath: "I'd love to do another Black Sabbath album. We did try and write together; there are a bunch of things written. But the problem I'm having is it's got to be at least on the same level as when we departed. If it's not, then what's the point in doing it? I'm definitely doing another album, whether with my own band or Sabbath. As long as I'm not doing bullsh--."

[Note: The following tour dates have been provided by artist and/or tour sources, who verify its accuracy as of the publication time of this story. Changes may occur before tickets go on sale. Check with official artist websites, ticketing sources and venues for late updates.]

Yay! ^_^

Edited by Axls_Shorts_Rule