Van Halen Rocks

AxlsAngel

I was just browsing as many clips of this current lineup as I can stomach, in search of something, anything....... impressive

I failed

exactly

they were good in their prime, but not now

Imo, almost all them are impressive and MUCH BETTER in person.

Everybody's entitled to their own opinion and not everyone likes VH, but in their prime they were at least 25-30 years younger. Unfortunately, people grow older - sad fact of life. For men in their 50's, they still GOT IT. If you don't like them now, you never really did.

Edited by AxlsAngel

In their prime, David Lee Roth got wasted and talked half of the lyrics. The other half he did not do at all. He would also sometimes pass out after 3 or 4 songs. Not that this is unusual for ANY band then, but that's what happened.

The problem with these videos is not only the poor sound and visual, but the fact that you don't actaully see what's going on. Dave doesn't do flying splits anymore and doesn't run around as much, but what you can't see in these videos is how he makes up for it. There's a whole lot of "little stuff" he's doing that is awesome, new, but classic Diamond Dave. He's got a lot of new expressions/poses/moves and all sorts of things that are new and entertaining, but will not show up on youtube.

As far as Eddie, his playing is just fine, definitely the best since Balance (but he was playing through such a clean rig at that point it drove me nuts even forgetting the fact that Sammy Hagar was singing). And Eddie's stage energy is just as much as it's ever been, even in the old days. You will see him now practically floating across the stage with his Flying Eddies. He looks like he's never been happier, probably because he is playing sold out arenas with his son. That bond, which shows in a 100% genuine way on stage is something very special and awesome, too, that definitely adds to the show.

This Van Halen is 100% awesome.

In their prime, David Lee Roth got wasted and talked half of the lyrics. The other half he did not do at all. He would also sometimes pass out after 3 or 4 songs. Not that this is unusual for ANY band then, but that's what happened.

The problem with these videos is not only the poor sound and visual, but the fact that you don't actaully see what's going on. Dave doesn't do flying splits anymore and doesn't run around as much, but what you can't see in these videos is how he makes up for it. There's a whole lot of "little stuff" he's doing that is awesome, new, but classic Diamond Dave. He's got a lot of new expressions/poses/moves and all sorts of things that are new and entertaining, but will not show up on youtube.

As far as Eddie, his playing is just fine, definitely the best since Balance (but he was playing through such a clean rig at that point it drove me nuts even forgetting the fact that Sammy Hagar was singing). And Eddie's stage energy is just as much as it's ever been, even in the old days. You will see him now practically floating across the stage with his Flying Eddies. He looks like he's never been happier, probably because he is playing sold out arenas with his son. That bond, which shows in a 100% genuine way on stage is something very special and awesome, too, that definitely adds to the show.

This Van Halen is 100% awesome.

Couldn't agree more. Don judge this band 'til you've fucking seen them in person! youtube vids truly don't do the band justice.

If the youtube-based backlash is this strong for VH, I'm afraid of how many people are gonna be complaining on the morning of November 27th... :confused:

Nope, November 26th is the Led Zeppelin gig. So youtube is gonna be flooded with vids and flooded with bitching.

Got ya. :lol: HA! You're right... all the vultures will be gathering the next morning. Are you going to see them?

Nope, couldn't afford tickets if I wanted to. I would've had to sell my guitars or something. A 16 year old can only make so much money! :tongue2:

Nope, November 26th is the Led Zeppelin gig. So youtube is gonna be flooded with vids and flooded with bitching.

Got ya. :lol: HA! You're right... all the vultures will be gathering the next morning. Are you going to see them?

Nope, couldn't afford tickets if I wanted to. I would've had to sell my guitars or something. A 16 year old can only make so much money! :tongue2:

:lol:!!! I hear ya. I couldn't afford them either and I'm WAY over 16 yrs. old. Would be a great one to hit though.