Led Zeppelin

KBear

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most of them... I'll chose the ones I like best

- I: Good Times Bad Times; I don't really like the album but I like this song a lot; I also somewhat like Communication Breakdown

- II: Heartbreaker (the song that got me into Led Zeppelin; still one of my favs); Whole Lotta Love (obviously); Thank You; What Is And What Should Never Be; also to a lesser extent Ramble On and Livin' Lovin' Maid

- III: Immigrant Song; Gallows Pole; That's The Way; Tangerine; Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

- IV: Black Dog; Rock And Roll; Stairway To Heaven and my two personal favorites off the album Going To California and When The Levee Breaks

- Houses Of The Holy: first of all, Over The Hills And Far Away; also The Song Remains The Same; The Rain Song; D'yer Mak'er

- Physical Graffitti: my favorite LZ album; Custard Pie; Trampled Under Foot; In The Light; Bron-Yr-Aur; Down By The Seaside; Night Flight; and the 2 LZ songs that are on my list containing my 25 all-time favorite songs: Ten Years Gone (20th place) and Kashmir (6th place)

- Presence: For Your Life; Nobody's Fault But Mine

- In Through The Out Door: All My Love; I'm Gonna Crawl

- Coda: White Summer (I've only heard it on the Led Zeppelin dvd)

Coda didn't have a version of White Summer on it. We're gonna groove and the version of I can't quit you babe are excellent though.

There was a reissue of it that did, I think.

I love 'Darlene'. The riff is so catchy.

Coda didn't have a version of White Summer on it. We're gonna groove and the version of I can't quit you babe are excellent though.

There was a reissue of it that did, I think.

I love 'Darlene'. The riff is so catchy.

Yeah it did, though the one on the DVD is much better.

it was some kind of bonus track, I don't know, I don't have the album, I've just seen the tracklist

Achilles Last Stand

Hots on for Nowhere

Still Loving You

Bron-y-aur Stomp

Bring it on Home

Rain Song

Hot Dog

In My Time of Dying

Wearing and Tearing

Darlene

Celebration Day

Misty Mountain Hop

Down by the Seaside

For Your Life

Out on the Tiles

Houses of the Holy

Night Flight

Sick Again

Black Country Woman

Ths Song Remains the Same

Whole Lotta Love (live from the song remains the same)

Custard Pie

The Rover

Tea for One

• 3 years later...

Dancing Days

Ten Years Gone

Thank You

Ramble On

Fool in the Rain

The Rain Song

Good Times, Bad Times

Candy Store Rock

Achilles' Last Stand

The Song Remains the Same

Down by the Seaside

In The Light (demo version is even better than album version and I love the solo)

No Quarter

Whole Lotta Love

Carouselambra

Hey Hey What Can I Do?

Kashmir

Misty Mountain Hop

D'Yer Maker

Your Time is Gonna Come

Houses of the Holy

Night Flight

Custard Pie

The Rover

Tea for One

Stairway to Heaven

Battle of Evermore

Wearing and Tearing

Hots on for Nowhere

IMO 1970-1975 is their peak; 1975 is probably their all time peak both live and artistically. My favorite albums are Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti.

Edited by Indigo Child

Don't know that I agree that 1975 was there peak as Plant was having voice problems that tour and Jimmy was starting to get sticky fingers at times.

For me they peaked in 1972 and 1973 was the last tour they were firing on all cylinders.

I guess my exposure to their '73 touring talents was kind of biased by The Song Remains the Same--it was the first thing I'd seen of them concert wise...and it was kind of disappointing. It's kind of like how Tokyo 1992 was for Guns with me--I look at the Song Remains the Same and Tokyo '92 from Guns with the same reaction: Why, out of all the shows they played, did they choose to officially release THAT?

I dunno if you're keen on Zep boots, but if you are, what's the best '72 and '73 shows?

Edited by Indigo Child

Don't know that I agree that 1975 was there peak as Plant was having voice problems that tour and Jimmy was starting to get sticky fingers at times.

For me they peaked in 1972 and 1973 was the last tour they were firing on all cylinders.

I guess my exposure to their '73 touring talents was kind of biased by The Song Remains the Same--it was the first thing I'd seen of them concert wise...and it was kind of disappointing. It's kind of like how Tokyo 1992 was for Guns with me--I look at the Song Remains the Same and Tokyo '92 from Guns with the same reaction: Why, out of all the shows they played, did they choose to officially release THAT?

I dunno if you're keen on Zep boots, but if you are, what's the best '72 and '73 shows?

Before you jump into boots, I'd get How The West Was Won if you haven't already. Best live album of all time. It has the best versions of Immigrant Song, Stairway, Dancing Days, etc..Top-notch.

Fave Zep song is "In My Time of Dying".

All the official live Zep releases on CD have been touched up. Song Remains the Same re-release is a huge improvement though, but after "HTWWW" came out, it's still the better one to listen to.

The bootlegs are super easy to find, and somehow more soundboards and better quality audience tapes keep popping up.

Before you jump into boots, I'd get How The West Was Won if you haven't already. Best live album of all time. It has the best versions of Immigrant Song, Stairway, Dancing Days, etc..Top-notch.

HTWWW is from LA and San Bernadino in 1972 and is indeed excellent but I can almost guarantee Page touched it up in the studio....I am traveling back from Disney World but will recommend some shows when I get home. I actually meant 1971 was their peak buy just learning to.type on my new droid-x....many great shows 71-73.....

Touched up? Ya don't say...Man, that kinda pisses me off. Well then, I'm looking forward to your list when you get back :thumbsup:

ZEP 4 is the cream for me...just love it.

It's all good.

I have no prob with Song Remains The Same...I sure wouldn't have turned down the chance to see the '73 tour!

Zint, you seem to go back at least to the '70s--Did you ever get the chance to see them live?

Had plans to see the In Through The Outdoor tour...alas...Bonham.

Same thing happened to me with Skynard.I had tickets for the Toronto show...and then the plane crash.