U2

SunnyDRE

Best U2 Album: Then Discuss Why  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So besides loving GnR, I am also a huge U2. They pretty much defined my whole youth and transition into adulthood.

So for any U2 fans on the forum; Which is you favorite album and why?

As for I love Ocotober the best.....it is not one the most popular, but it is the most spiritual of all their albums and like that?

Fave track: Gloria

My favourite band after GNR.

I like their albums from the 80's the most. My favourite is The Joshua Tree. With or Without you is one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

I'm not a big fan of their 90's albums. Pop is probably the worst album ever from a band that I like.

Their last albums are great though.

Null vote. Never really got into them. What shall I start with if I shall try them out?

Well..for a new fan I would suggest their compilations:

"The Best of 1980-1990" or

"U218"

..both of these albums have all of their hits and a couple of other goodies. Not to mention they can be picked up pretty cheap. If you prefer full albums though, I would recommed, "The Joshua Tree" most non-U2 fans seem to like this alot.

I like their albums from the 80's the most. My favourite is The Joshua Tree. With or Without you is one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

I'm not a big fan of their 90's albums. Pop is probably the worst album ever from a band that I like.

Yeah.. I prefer their 80's work..over their 90's and 2000 stuff. Give "Pop" a second listen though, I think it is so ahead of its time.

Null vote. Never really got into them. What shall I start with if I shall try them out?

Well..for a new fan I would suggest their compilations:

"The Best of 1980-1990" or

"U218"

..both of these albums have all of their hits and a couple of other goodies. Not to mention they can be picked up pretty cheap. If you prefer full albums though, I would recommed, "The Joshua Tree" most non-U2 fans seem to like this alot.

Yeah.. I prefer their 80's work..over their 90's and 2000 stuff. Give "Pop" a second listen though, I think it is so ahead of its time.

Pop's one of their strongest albums in terms of pure song-writing IMO. Ever heard the new mixes on the 90's Best of? Horrible.

I'm going to be the odd vote out at go for Zooropa - Had no idea what to expect from that album, but I like it quite a bit.

I'm the same, it took me ages but I finally 'got' Zooropa one night.

Edited by ADPT