New Epiphone Slash Signature Guitar

Who wants to bet Epi cheaped on the pickups and went with shitty "Ducan Designed" rather than the real thing. Jackson does it all the time when they say Duncans...bastards.

I think it might have the real pick ups.

Because on the Zakk Wylde Epiphone you actually decent EMG's.

And this Slash one is about the same price as the Zakk Wylde one, so Im guessing it actually has Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro 2's in it.

Who wants to bet Epi cheaped on the pickups and went with shitty "Ducan Designed" rather than the real thing. Jackson does it all the time when they say Duncans...bastards.

And this Slash one is about the same price as the Zakk Wylde one, so Im guessing it actually has Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro 2's in it.

Actually the Epi Zakk has EMG H4's, rather than the 81' 85' combo that he uses. Granted the H4 is supposedly the passive version of those actives, but you'll never get the same sound.

I thought on the Zakk Epi you got EMG-HZ's?

I have the ZW set (proper 81+85) set on my Epi standard with Grover tuners and it sounds awesome. The Gibson ZW sig has the 81+85 in.

• 5 weeks later...
^ awesome.. i wonder what the price will be. my guess is 700

On the website I linked in my original post it says about £500.

Not sure what that is in U.S Dollars though and I cant be bothered to go onto a website to convert it :lol:

That would be about $730USD

500 Great Britain Pounds, not Euros. The Pound is about twice that of the dollar, Euros run 1.4-1.5 bucks.

Not sure what that is in U.S Dollars though and I cant be bothered to go onto a website to convert it :lol:

thats actuly a pretty good price, i payed £400 for my epiphone l/p custom, i then payed £160 for a set of alnico 2 pickups, i then had to fit them myself

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and it sounds pretty damn good once I switched the pickups.

Yeah, I put the EMG ZW set in my Epi and through my Gibson amp it sounds really good. Really clear when I want it to be, and really punchy when needed too.

thats actuly a pretty good price, i payed £400 for my epiphone l/p custom, i then payed £160 for a set of alnico 2 pickups, i then had to fit them myself

:confused: £400? May mate got his Epi Custom for £160, and added two SD Alnico II pickups for £90...

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and it sounds pretty damn good once I switched the pickups.

Yeah, I put the EMG ZW set in my Epi and through my Gibson amp it sounds really good. Really clear when I want it to be, and really punchy when needed too.

:confused: £400? May mate got his Epi Custom for £160, and added two SD Alnico II pickups for £90...

how did he get the guitar and pick ups so cheap? or did he buy them 2nd hand? think the customs go for any thing from £350 to £450 depending on where you go, the shop i got my pickups from is a bit dear but i have an account with them so when paying stuff up you dont mind as much

how did he get the guitar and pick ups so cheap? or did he buy them 2nd hand? think the customs go for any thing from £350 to £450 depending on where you go, the shop i got my pickups from is a bit dear but i have an account with them so when paying stuff up you dont mind as much

Pickups were brand new. The Epi was 2nd hand, but worn-in guitars that have been about the block a little I think generally have a bit more 'character' and a genuine worn in feel to them.

Check out crazytrainmusic.co.uk. I haven't used them in a while but they used to be good for prices. Check eBay too for new APH pickups.