QOTSA at Hove Festival

Dead Flower

Velvet Revolver are great, but will always live in the shadow of GnR and STP. Muse are good, but a little too nerdish and overblown. Tool curbstomp my ass, but are a bit too metal. There are a lot of great rock bands out there...

But Queens Of The Stone Age are the best! Why? Because Josh Homme understands that rock should be sexy, dangerous and have a shitload of swagger and swing. Sure, Josh is a little bit chubby and a ranga, but he's still a sexy motherfucker purely on attitude. He can sing about drugs, fucking and all sorts of other vulgarity, but it never come off as cliche. He's the genuine rock n' roll article.

Era Vulgaris is one of the best albums of 2007. Songs for The Deaf is probably my favourite. Old stuff is killer, too - Mexicola, Avon, Living through Chemistry, Lost my Headache, Monsters, etc.

Lullabies to Paralyze is probably my least favourite, but I can still name 6-7 shit-hot songs that I love.

The revolving door of musicians is the only thing that counts against them. The loss of Nick Oliveri, especially. But Josh still makes it works, and always gets the best out in people he brings in to contribute.

So, really, get the fuck into this band. Especially all of you that moan endlessly about the rock scene nowadays.

Anyway, here's some vids from their recent Hove Festival gig that partly inspired this thread:

Feel Good Hit Of The Summer - Extended jam is killer!

Song For The Dead

Monsters In The Parasol

Misfit Love - best rock song of the year!

Mexicola

Burn The Witch

In My Head

3's and 7's

Go With The Flow

Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret

Kickass music Videos:

Go With The Flow

Sick, Sick, Sick

Other cool live shit:

(with Dave Grohl on drums)

You Got a Killer Scene There, Man

(Henry Rollins show)

Make It Wit Chu

Edited by Dead Flower

Ahh man, I saw them on the Songs for the Deaf tour and they were brilliant. Lost a bit of interest since Nick left though. Didn't like the Lullabies to Paralyse album too much.

What I've heard of their latest album I quite like though.

• 1 month later...
This thread is full of win.

It sure as fuck is.

New music video for Make It Wit Chu.

Perfect morning after song. I could marry the guitar solo and have many beautiful children with it.

The entire album becomes better every time you listen to it. I've noticed that a lot lately when listening to Run, Pig, Run.

• 3 months later...
This thread is full of win.

It sure as fuck is.

New music video for Make It Wit Chu.

Perfect morning after song. I could marry the guitar solo and have many beautiful children with it.

I hope to make sleazy lustful loveless love to a woman one day with that playing in the background. Believe it or not, I've learned playing the Crazy Frog theme on repeat doesn't really work too well in the bedroom.

• 3 weeks later...

bellybump2.gif

It's taken me a while but I'm finally starting to get into Era Vulgaris. Turnin' on the Screw has taken over Someone's in the Wolf as my fav QotSA song of all time. It's definitely the most rewarding album to listen to after trying to get into it for so long. Sick Sick Sick used to be the only song I liked on that album but now I see that it's probably the weakest song on the album. Can't get enough of this band. :wub: