Led Zeppelin May Compose New Material

Vincent Vega

Destined for failure, IMO.

Stick to playing off nostalgia; embarking into new material so many years later when you were such an iconic figure in rock n' roll never turns out very well. Look at The Who.

Yep, why ruin a great legacy?

I find this quite interesting, because some people can say the same thing about Guns N' Roses' current status.

Stick to playing off nostalgia; embarking into new material so many years later when you were such an iconic figure in rock n' roll never turns out very well. Look at The Who.

I find this quite interesting, because some people can say the same thing about Guns N' Roses' current status.

Gn'R were great, but Zepp were extraordinary. And I can't say I agree with the current status of Gn'R but I just accept it.

Besides, Bonzos gone, Plant's voice is a bit strained and they've got too good of a discography to follow up to.

Gn'R were great, but Zepp were extraordinary. And I can't say I agree with the current status of Gn'R but I just accept it.

Besides, Bonzos gone, Plant's voice is a bit strained and they've got too good of a discography to follow up to.

It can't be any worse than Presence

Just for them to create new album would be amazing in its own right. JPJ and Plant have despised each other for a long time now, it's kept alot of friction from any kind reunion. I'll really be impressed if they get a tour off the ground, I'll be staggered of they make it to the studio and I'll be amazed if they could manage to record an album. I think it would be different, but still notable. Then again, there are some bands who just shouldn't return to music after disbanding. I'm talking about you The Eagles, Long road out of eden is a piece of walmart shit.

Yes, and people are.

But it's even worse for Zep - because they are a more popular, respected + iconic band and they didn't continue touring/recording with just Robert Plant for years... it would be more controversial if Axl had abandoned the GN'R name in '94 and only come back to it now. The fact that he's kept it alive the past decade has lessened the impact of it. If Zep reformed now for an album, it would be pretty controversial amongst fans, I think.

I dunno why so many artists start pumping out adult contemporary shit after a certain period in their careers. I mean, you should be growing as a song writer and channeling your benevolent wisdom through your music, but this isn't the case much of the time.

I don't think they really have anything to lose by attempting it, but I hope they make an effort to evolve and not recycle shit from the past.