Sunny Day Real Estate

SunnyDRE

Sunny Day Real Estate...What a great band.

This 90's band is with a doubt my favorite band of alltime. In my opinion they were one of the few bands that actually made "complete albums", were every song is crucial to the flow of the album.

Their debut album, Diary, is considered by some to be the most influential album in last 20 years, ala Pixies-Doolittle, in fact up until last year it was Subpop second biggest seller..behind only Nevermind.

So any fans of the band in the forum?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

so good.

i think in 20 years, people will look upon this band like they do the ny dolls, nico and vu, and the clash etc.

not that they don't have the rep now indie circles, but i think its just going to continue to grow to a point, where when people look back 20 years from now and talk about the most influetential bands of the past; sdre will be one of the first bands mentioned.

they are just 'on some different shit', that if you get - you feel better about yourself for 'getting it' or feel as if, it is 'ahead of its time.'

their albums feel like a 'call to arms...'

-----------------------------

'And now...The time has come for me, I must break free, From the prison I have made, And to face the way aheeeaaad...'

**Great lyrics right here**

'What if we refused to follow the rules of fashion?

Tell me something you'd tell a fool? Ways to refuse to follow the rules of fashion..."

This 90's band is with a doubt my favorite band of alltime.

wot?

?? they are.

hence the username.

i think that people who 'get" this band are better for it. i know that sounds super elitist, but it's what i think.

---------------------

"[You] pay for the chain on your neck, that controls your life...'

Every emo song since the late 90's has been whacking off to this. Lyrically, this is one the best songs ever written.

Ever.

"Woaah, What a dream you still love me whoa,

is it my imagination?...."

Edited by SunnyDRE

I believe the phrase is "without a doubt", you typed "with a doubt". I would think that's why the other person quoted it.

Anyways, I really really like this band. I've gotta buy some of their albums eventually, but I personally haven't boughten an album in a few months, so who knows when that'll be..

I believe the phrase is "without a doubt", you typed "with a doubt". I would think that's why the other person quoted it.

Anyways, I really really like this band. I've gotta buy some of their albums eventually, but I personally haven't boughten an album in a few months, so who knows when that'll be..

haha.. i typed that two years ago,so cut me a little slack; but thanks for posting in this thread; i definitely think you should consider putting these guys on the top of your 'must hear list.'

this band, it you 'get it', will be with you for a lifetime. very few bands people can say that about.

----------------------

"You'll taste them,You'll taste them - Those words, in time...you'll taste them..."

"But you were always one to stay the same girl, but I know you want to be the rain...And I know that we would fall in there - For a time and then unfall again..."

• 3 months later...

Working on a new album!!!!!!!!

This band is beyond criminally underrated!!!!!!

If you are the type of music fan, that likes to know what bands influenced your favorite artist; then know right here, right now - that you'll see these guy's on most artist "trees" of bands they like.

Most influential band since Nirvana. In fact, among critics there is debate on which one was the most influential. When people say shit like, "ahead of their time", this is what they mean...

never ever heard of 'em, listened to a couple of the songs posted, they all sucked. hard.

Not your thing? Cool.

Guess you don't "get it."

i don't think it's about wether or not it's my thing or me not "getting it".. it didn't do anything for me. to say that they sucked hard was a bit harsh i guess (i didin't like shadows, 100 million nor television, ESTYA was ok'ish).

it could also be that i wasn't in the mood for such music and maybe it reminded me of other bands i don't like (maybe bands that have been influenced by these guys)

when you speak about other people not getting music you put yourself and the music on some kind of wierd piedestal, is it to feel special? just because it's special to you don't mean there's something to "get" about it,. it's just music and taste

never ever heard of 'em, listened to a couple of the songs posted, they all sucked. hard.

Not your thing? Cool.

when you speak about other people not getting music you put yourself and the music on some kind of wierd piedestal, is it to feel special? just because it's special to you don't mean there's something to "get" about it,. it's just music and taste

why are you telling me this, bro?

nothing wrong what not getting it man - some people do...some don't.

Not your thing? Cool.

why are you telling me this, bro?

nothing wrong what not getting it man - some people do...some don't.

ok then!