Which is the best Iron Maiden album with Bruce Dickinson?

Iceman24

Which is the best?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Maiden NEEDS Bruce Dickinson

agreed.

+1

As far as I'm concerned, the stuff without Bruce isn't Maiden, I just ignore it ;)

No way, I've listened to so so much Maiden over the last few years and everything with Bruce is just stale to me. I mean sure he's still awesome and some of his songs still have that magic...but the first two albums are just something else entirely and they really are great.

There's no such thing as a "best" Iron Maiden album. They are all equally bad. :lol:

Bring on the flaming! I feel like Funeral. :lol: :lol:

:lol:

,... :lol: :lol:

You obviously don't know anything about music then. Maiden are incredibly talented musicians, and Steve and Bruce are two of the best songwriters in history.

As far as the first two albums go, those along with Bruce's first five and AMOLAD are all pretty much perfect, IMO. On any given day my favorite will change. In general though, the Paul albums seem to get stale faster if you play them too much. The only songs between those 2 albums that never really get boring to me are Phantom Of The Opera, Charlotte The Harlot, Murders In The Rue Morgue, Killers, Purgatory and Drifter. The rest get boring if I'm listening to them too much.

It's not that IM isn't a great album, it's just that it's missing a great singer and a decent producer. It literally sounds like it was done in some garage in one or 2 takes. It's no better than the Soundhouse Tapes. It may work for some bands, but as we found out in later releases, it's not really what Maiden is about. And as for Killers, aside from a gem or two, it sounds like they used all their great songs on the 1st album.

Number of The Beast - for Hallowed Be Thy Name.

Yeah, but except for that song and Children Of The Damned NOTB is more or less crap. Many, many fillers.

Well, maybe not crap, but it's got really alot of fillers. :P

Edited by Iceman24

Yeah, but except for that song and Children Of The Damned NOTB is more or less crap. Many, many fillers.

No way, the only filler IMO is Invaders, which is actually good for filler. Some would argue Gangland is filler, but I fucking love that song! The rest of tha album is absolutely classic though. Theres the "hits"; NOTB, Run To The Hils, Hallowed and COTD, but 22 Acacia Ave. and The Prisoner are the true gems. I would honestly rank The Prisoner in my top 10 favorite songs of all time. Shame they haven't played it live since '88 <_<

No way, the only filler IMO is Invaders, which is actually good for filler. Some would argue Gangland is filler, but I fucking love that song! The rest of tha album is absolutely classic though. Theres the "hits"; NOTB, Run To The Hils, Hallowed and COTD, but 22 Acacia Ave. and The Prisoner are the true gems. I would honestly rank The Prisoner in my top 10 favorite songs of all time. Shame they haven't played it live since '88 <_<

The fillers are Invaders, Gangland and Prisoner. They are just bad.

Run To The Hills is quite good and Number Of The Beast is okay, but it's nothing special. But Prisoner is one of the worst songs they ever did.

The fillers are Invaders, Gangland and Prisoner. They are just bad.

Run To The Hills is quite good and Number Of The Beast is okay, but it's nothing special. But Prisoner is one of the worst songs they ever did.

What don't you like about The Prisoner? It's got a good, driving riff, good lyrics and a great sing along chorus. I'm assuming you don't like Back In The Village either then? :tongue2: