Just listened to Angel Down

Aaron_H

Hey all,

I've just listened to Angel Down and I must say it sounds pretty cool.

Back in the saddle sounds much better now it's higher quality than the radio rips (and "By your side" is fucking awesome, with some layered vocals (Maybe Baz has been taking lessons from Uncle Axl recently).

I figured I'd post this in the GnR discussion, since Axl is on the album anyway.

But feel free to move it.

Hey all,

I've just listened to Angel Down and I must say it sounds pretty cool.

Back in the saddle sounds much better now it's higher quality than the radio rips (and "By your side" is fucking awesome, with some layered vocals (Maybe Baz has been taking lessons from Uncle Axl recently).

I figured I'd post this in the GnR discussion, since Axl is on the album anyway.

But feel free to move it.

thats cool!

im dying to hear it, but i don't think it is in stores yet here, in Israel...

:(

I think its a killer cd. Love it

ya, the beginning of angel down with that solemn music leading into the heavy crushing riff reminded me alot of chinese democracy.

I love baz scream in "live and die"

our love is a lie reminds me abit of VR or early skid row...skid roses..

probably what vr wouldve sounded like with baz

Edited by gunsnmotley

its a pretty good album and i usually dont like stuff this hard.

anyway..I went to best buy this morning to get it and even tho the guy yesterday said they would have it today and there system said they had it...they didnt! I had a guy go on a wild goose chase to find it and it wasnt there. So i went next door to borders and i got the ONLY copy. Not good for Baz.

After my first listen through im really liking this album. Its nothing groundbreaking, and its pretty average but I still really enjoyed it. Not really a bad song on the album, but my favorites are

- All Three songs with Axl are great. Not only because of Axl being on them, they are just really good songs. Axl sounds great though, makes me want CD just that much more.

- Other highlight songs for me are Stabbin Daggers and American Metalhead (very simple song but it fucking rocks, love it)

- And I actually like Falling Into You better than By Your Side. By Your Side is a good song, but its VERY average, thought I would like that one more.

Everything else on the album is mediocre but good. All in all im happy with this release.

Edited by mahimahi