Angel down sales?

Allen8R

I checked billboard.com, but couldn't find sales for the album. The site does, however, contain a review for Angel Down, which is among the most absurd things I have read in weeks: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/discography...amp;aid=1090155.

At least it seems positive.

Come to think of it, most reviews of Angel Down are positive

David Fricke wrote a positive review in Rolling Stone, as well. I like the album and am glad it's getting good press. Hopefully it will also have good sales- I'm sure the appearance of Uncle Axl on the album will help the cause . . .

I will say its a good album.

Some really good tunes

And I personally think "BAz' is a fuckin geezer and have never been a fan.

but the CD is what it is, its pretty good

Y'know, here in England, being a 'geezer' is a good thing...What do you mean?

Sometimes it means an old guy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing . . .

I tried to buy it this weekend while out Christmas shopping and everywhere was sold out. Apparently Sebastian is still a pretty popular guy, more than I thought anyhow. An employee at Target told me they had gotten in 20 copies and it sold out within a few hours!

The sales are going to be fucking DISMAL! Don't care about sales if you're into this kind of music...not to mention the totally obscurity of the record.

They buried it in the Bs at Newbury Comics...not shelved with the new releases or even on the edge of the shelves like less anticipated new releases often are. You all say you can't find the thing...

If VR only sold about 250 thou to DATE...which had a decently popular radio single, decent promotional spots like that Nissan live sets thing and the AOL feauture with samples, Bach is not going to be running to the bank with this one.

If VR only sold about 250 thou to DATE...which had a decently popular radio single, decent promotional spots like that Nissan live sets thing and the AOL feauture with samples, Bach is not going to be running to the bank with this one.

But you never know, it IS a good CD and sometimes good music finds its way thru all the lack of promotion, etc

Edited by shades

I checked billboard.com, but couldn't find sales for the album. The site does, however, contain a review for Angel Down, which is among the most absurd things I have read in weeks: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/discography...amp;aid=1090155.

At least it seems positive.

Come to think of it, most reviews of Angel Down are positive

That review is from AllMusic.com . They gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

I tried to buy it this weekend while out Christmas shopping and everywhere was sold out. Apparently Sebastian is still a pretty popular guy,

Perhaps you should consider that instead of the mad rush by Christmas lunatics to get their hands on Angel Down, that maybe the stores you tried never actually carried it? :confused:

As for you second point, I'll respond to that as soon as I stop laughing :rofl-lol:

I tried to buy it this weekend while out Christmas shopping and everywhere was sold out. Apparently Sebastian is still a pretty popular guy,

Perhaps you should consider that instead of the mad rush by Christmas lunatics to get their hands on Angel Down, that maybe the stores you tried never actually carried it? :confused:

As for you second point, I'll respond to that as soon as I stop laughing :rofl-lol:

or he couldve asked them and they said it was sold out...nice try at taking a dig at baz though! :rolleyes:

i bet the first week sales are less than 15K.

im guessing 10-20,000 which is good for someone like baz. it would already outsell both nu-skid row albums iwthout him...

I would expect far less than that; Bruce Dickinson's last solo album had 4,000 first week sales despite the fact it was his first major label release, and he is a far bigger name than Baz...

i bet the first week sales are less than 15K.

im guessing 10-20,000 which is good for someone like baz. it would already outsell both nu-skid row albums iwthout him...

I would expect far less than that; Bruce Dickinson's last solo album had 4,000 first week sales despite the fact it was his first major label release, and he is a far bigger name than Baz...

Bruce Dickinson didn't have Axl Rose on his Album though.

Nice way to only quote part of my post. I said that I asked for it at Target. There was a spot in the cd section where it was supposed to be, so i asked an employee. He told me they had gotten in 20 copies and it sold out within a few hours. I asked for it at Best Buy and was told that they had only gotten a few copies in and it went rather quickly. Circuit City was my 3rd attempt and they just told me that they didn't have it. So, i tried the Meijer store and they didn't have it either. So, I know for a fact that it sold out in 2 out of the 4 places i tried.

Just because maybe YOU don't like Baz, maybe you're underestimating his popularity a bit. I'm not saying that he's gonna get a gold or platinum record, but the dude does have a decent and seemingly loyal following, as shown by the ratings on the multiple crappy ( with the exception of Forever Wild- which I liked) VH1 shows he's hosted and been a part of. Sebastian has been able to remain in the public eye throughout the years. Don't forget about 3 successful Broadway productions he was part of too ;) His personality is "over the top", but the dude has talent,IMO.

It sold 6,400 copies and debuted at #190.

Source: Blabbermouth

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach's new solo album, "Angel Down", sold 6,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 190 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD is Sebastian's follow-up to 1999's "Bring 'Em Bach Alive", which has shifted 19,300 units in the U.S. to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Nice way to only quote part of my post. I said that I asked for it at Target. There was a spot in the cd section where it was supposed to be, so i asked an employee. He told me they had gotten in 20 copies and it sold out within a few hours. I asked for it at Best Buy and was told that they had only gotten a few copies in and it went rather quickly. Circuit City was my 3rd attempt and they just told me that they didn't have it. So, i tried the Meijer store and they didn't have it either. So, I know for a fact that it sold out in 2 out of the 4 places i tried.

Just because maybe YOU don't like Baz, maybe you're underestimating his popularity a bit. I'm not saying that he's gonna get a gold or platinum record, but the dude does have a decent and seemingly loyal following, as shown by the ratings on the multiple crappy ( with the exception of Forever Wild- which I liked) VH1 shows he's hosted and been a part of. Sebastian has been able to remain in the public eye throughout the years. Don't forget about 3 successful Broadway productions he was part of too ;) His personality is "over the top", but the dude has talent,IMO.

Take it easy Tat - I admit - I'm a Baz-Basher - I just found your quote funny

I've never doubted the guys talent or the fact that he can sing - but there are a lot of has-beens from the 80's and 70's who can sing - but the point is they know when to stay away

The fact that Baz has a bond with Axl Rose is about the only thing that he has going for him - So, no, I don't think he's a popular guy still as you put it - and yes, I believe most of the music world views him as I do - a fucking Ass Clown

Edited by DCGNR

I just got the record - good piece of work. Baz is in great form with his voice (excellent screams, and the normal singing is great as well), the band is in great shape, and the genre mixes of ballads and rockers is quite good. I'm a big fan of the ballads. Axl isn't even a determining factor in anything - great record with or without him. I give it 7/10.