REST IN PEACE KEVIN DUBROW

Dr. Feelgood

QUIET RIOT drummer Frankie Banali has confirmed the passing of the group's singer, Kevin DuBrow, at the age of 52. In an e-mail to Spain's The Metal Circus, which had requested a comment from Banali on the rumors of DuBrow's death, the drummer wrote, "I can't even find words to say. Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend Kevin DuBrow." UPDATE: The same statement can now be found on Frankie Banali's official web site.

Michael Politz of The Vegas Eye reported earlier today that DuBrow was found dead in his Las Vegas home on Sunday, November 25. According to Politz, DubRow — whom Politz calls "one of my closest friends" — recently celebrated his 52nd birthday in New Orleans "where he ate great food and even caught THE CULT at The House of Blues."

Although the band has yet to issue an official statement on the matter, bassist Kelly Garni, who was one of the founding members of QUIET RIOT, has posted the following message on the Randy Rhoads (late QUIET RIOT/OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist) web site RandyRhoads.tk:

"I ask this to all of you not only for myself but for other friends and family. I ask that no one here offer any speculation or opinions, theories or other things that could be construed as negative or, and I'm sorry for this, even sympathetic, right at this immediate time. I am already within hours of this having to deal with untrue rumors and speculation and that only adds fuel to that. There is a tendency for the subject of Kevin to incite flames on every board and now is not the time for that. I will explain to everyone here the facts and the truth in the next 24 to 48 hours as I realize this will effect us all. So please, until then, be patient. All details and other pertinate info will be passed on to you here when it becomes available to me. Thank you."

In 2004, DuBrow recorded a collection of cover versions for his first solo album, "In for the Kill".

QUIET RIOT's latest studio CD, "Rehab", was released on October 3, 2006. The lineup on the album was Kevin DuBrow, Frankie Banali, Tony Franklin and Neil Citron. Legendary singer Glenn Hughes also made a guest vocal appearance on the LP.

What a fucking let down. He was one of my favorites, and one of the best singers in early heavy metal.

Any more news on how he died?

It will take 6-12 weeks for the toxicology reports to come back. Glenn Hughes, his best friend from Deep Purple and Black Sabbath said he was dead at least 6 days, though.

We are all grieving.

"Kevin and I were brothers. We spoke daily, and I mean on the phone, not e-mail.

"The Kevin that I knew was a beautiful human being. He was kind, giving, nurturing. And generous. He would stay at my L.A. home when he was in town.

"I never saw Kevin loaded. He respected my sobriety. He always spoke how about the change of my lifestyle, and how he also wanted to change his.

"The last conversation I had with him 10 days ago was about this subject; he said he had to make some life changes. I was so happy and elated to hear this.

"Gabi [Glenn's wife] and I spoke to him last on Friday, November 16. He wanted to know if I could pick him up at LAX. On the 23rd, the day of a party at my house. Then there was nothing, no communication. Zero. Come Thanksgiving I knew something was strange. At the house, Kevin's room was prepared as always, with his fave candies next to the bed. He always requests them when he stays. I thought, he's gonna come jumping through the door any minute and demand to play the winner of the pool game between Chad Smith and myself.

"As the party ended, Gabi and I spoke of his absence. She was very upset. All along, I felt something seriously wrong. Come Sunday morning, I couldn't take it anymore and called Lark Williams, Kev's ex-girlfriend. She was in San Francisco. I asked her if she knew a paramedic who could go over to Kev's house and investigate. Dana, the medic, got in the house only to find my sweet brother at peace.

"I am completely shellshocked. We were planning to go to Hawaii for some relaxation in the New Year.

"For those of you that didn't know him, he was a true, true friend.

"l'm gonna miss our dinners at the Palm in Beverly Hills. I'm gonna miss his loud voice bellowing through my house. I'm gonna miss those oh-so-corny jokes. We all will miss him.

"Sleep well, brother. Your legacy is in good hands with me.

"Your loving brother, Glenn."

Glenn Hughes / Vocalist/Bassist Deep Purple/Black Sabbath

There's a lot at http://www.metalsludge.tv