Pink Floyd especially the album Darkside of the moon

Mutant Rose

I was not feeling sad, or reflective, or the least bit meloncholy and after just two songs from these masters and I am feeling all of the above. Is it the music it's self or the lyrics? Has anyone else made an album as masterful as this one for evoking those feelings in any of you? I have so many "favorite songs" that change by the age I am, what I am feeling, going through at the time, but I think if I had an opportunity to look at all the lists I have made over the years Wish you were here would be on all of them. Who has been fortunate to see any of these guys in concert

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, there's 3 songs more lyrically haunting by syd barrett

"jugband blues"-listen to this one after wish you were here, it's kinda like syd's response if you listen lyrically, even though it was written a LONG time before wish you were here

Dark globe-very very haunting, as it is a look inside a person't mind as they are physically deteriorating

dominoes-idk why, it just really is

(listen to piper at the gates of dawn, the madcap laughs, and barrett)

i wanna try listening to the cd while watching wizard of oz

theres supposed to be something trippy

I tried it, it doesn't do anything. It is supposed to synch up. but nothing.

But, that is my favorite album I especialy love Brain Damage and Eclipes.

Ummm, yes it does. You probably didn't do it right.

Really? I heard you're supposed to start the album right when the movie shows the MGM lion, is that right?

Ummm, yes it does. You probably didn't do it right.

Really? I heard you're supposed to start the album right when the movie shows the MGM lion, is that right?

Yes.

And you also need the original version.

i think its absolute crap...

Same here. There's nothing really on it that stands out as good...the lyrics sound phoney and forced and the music is just dull and boring. It's almost as if they made it to TRY and sound profound and mystic and it just falls on its face for me.

if you just mean pink floyd.. i dunno.. and you're prolly not into the band much.. but scissors and Iowa are pretty trippy.. all the extra sounds in it.. corey screaming helplessly in the back.. the maniacal laughing.. chains rattling in the back.. those are my two favorite's.. not to mention the way corey paints the scene with his words and the way he uses his voice.. and prosthetics is a good one.. i'm pretty sure you're gonna see slipknot and just scroll on down or think "okaaaay.. whatever.,. whats the name of that othe rsong that other dude told me about".. but you asked, so I told..

actually, there's 3 songs more lyrically haunting by syd barrett

"jugband blues"-listen to this one after wish you were here, it's kinda like syd's response if you listen lyrically, even though it was written a LONG time before wish you were here

Dark globe-very very haunting, as it is a look inside a person't mind as they are physically deteriorating

dominoes-idk why, it just really is

(listen to piper at the gates of dawn, the madcap laughs, and barrett)

I will do this Thank you very much. One of the things I really love about this site is the insight I get from other people about new music to try

Same here. There's nothing really on it that stands out as good...the lyrics sound phoney and forced and the music is just dull and boring. It's almost as if they made it to TRY and sound profound and mystic and it just falls on its face for me.

Actually I will look it up soon and check it out thanks

Agreed. Most overrated album ever.