Pink Floyd especially the album Darkside of the moon

Mutant Rose

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I adore this album from start to finish, i think its a timeless classic.

Timeless for sure,I couldn't agree more.

A brilliant piece of work from beginning to end.

Groundbreaking at the time of its release.

I'm not surprised it remained on the charts for...shit....how many years was it??

I'm not surprised it remained on the charts for...shit....how many years was it??

Their 1973 release Dark Side of the Moon hit Number One on the Billboard charts and ultimately broke all records by remaining on the Top 200 album charts for 741 weeks. Dark Side of the Moon did not drop off Billboard’s Top 200 album chart until 1988. The album signaled rock’s willingness to move from adolescence into adulthood, conceptually addressing such subjects as aging, madness, money and time. From its prismatic cover artwork to the music therein, Dark Side of the Moon is a classic-rock milestone.

The album signaled rock’s willingness to move from adolescence into adulthood, conceptually addressing such subjects as aging, madness, money and time.

absolutely!

thanks for that

couldn't agree with that statement more..

Their 1973 release Dark Side of the Moon hit Number One on the Billboard charts and ultimately broke all records by remaining on the Top 200 album charts for 741 weeks. Dark Side of the Moon did not drop off Billboard’s Top 200 album chart until 1988. The album signaled rock’s willingness to move from adolescence into adulthood, conceptually addressing such subjects as aging, madness, money and time. From its prismatic cover artwork to the music therein, Dark Side of the Moon is a classic-rock milestone.

two words, the doors, two more words, the who...dealt will all of those themes, the who moreso than the doors i suppose...rocks been addressing money since day one. the beatles dealt will of all of those themes too, a helluva lot more succinctly too to my mind :)

Edited by ffrankwhite

Frank I get that you don't get/like it. I was just answering Zint's question. There are many groups I love and listen to all most every single day certainly evrey week, but honestly Pink Floyd(except for the song "Wish You Were Here which I listen to almost every day) is one of those groups that I need to be in a certain mood to listen to, especially an entire album, but when the mood is right nothing else will do. Some times I get annoyed with people when they don't get a certain band/song/genre more often it is confused, or in this case with you a little sad, but I don't let it get to me too much because there are certain ones that I have honestly tried to like/understand but they just don't "do it" for me. Like Nirvana and the majority to Rap/Hiphop. Now Don't get me wrong on a mental level I understand, but like certain types of art it just doesn't move me, or connect with me on an emotional level. With that said I will continue to listen to hiphop and rap from time to time, that is recommended to me, or sometimes when my youngest daughter is in the car. And sometimes after a Nirvana, or Cobain thread I will You Tube a video, or two just to see if something has shifted somewhere because I know music tastes can and do change and when that shift occurs, or I stumble across someone, or something that is new that instanty connects it is beautifu. Not to sound corny, but music that moves us is one of the very best things we have in our lives. All I'm saying is everyonce in awhile listen to a song or two of their's and see if something shifts for you. If it does you will be glad you did.

Frank I get that you don't get/like it. I was just answering Zint's question. There are many groups I love and listen to all most every single day certainly evrey week, but honestly Pink Floyd(except for the song "Wish You Were Here which I listen to almost every day) is one of those groups that I need to be in a certain mood to listen to, especially an entire album, but when the mood is right nothing else will do. Some times I get annoyed with people when they don't get a certain band/song/genre more often it is confused, or in this case with you a little sad, but I don't let it get to me too much because there are certain ones that I have honestly tried to like/understand but they just don't "do it" for me. Like Nirvana and the majority to Rap/Hiphop. Now Don't get me wrong on a mental level I understand, but like certain types of art it just doesn't move me, or connect with me on an emotional level. With that said I will continue to listen to hiphop and rap from time to time, that is recommended to me, or sometimes when my youngest daughter is in the car. And sometimes after a Nirvana, or Cobain thread I will You Tube a video, or two just to see if something has shifted somewhere because I know music tastes can and do change and when that shift occurs, or I stumble across someone, or something that is new that instanty connects it is beautifu. Not to sound corny, but music that moves us is one of the very best things we have in our lives. All I'm saying is everyonce in awhile listen to a song or two of their's and see if something shifts for you. If it does you will be glad you did.

i dont mean to attack it or anything, im sorry if i'm coming off like that, just thought there were some interesting counterpoints for ya. i actually really dig your taste and especially your elaborations here in regards to the way people connect with music, you're dead right :) i wasnt just taking pot shots or anything :)

Edited by ffrankwhite

two words, the doors, two more words, the who...dealt will all of those themes, the who moreso than the doors i suppose...rocks been addressing money since day one. the beatles dealt will of all of those themes too, a helluva lot more succinctly too to my mind :)

one word..conceptually

one word..conceptually

Beatles still applies really.

and when you start to get conceptual you're opening a WHOLE new can of worms because a lot of that has to do with interpretations and levels of understanding, based on which you can start harking further back even than the beatles in relation to the specified concepts.

at that point a whole lot more to read into and you can assign any number of ideas to a song or a thematic arrangement.

Edited by ffrankwhite

one word..conceptually

and when you start to get conceptual you're opening a WHOLE new can of worms because a lot of that has to do with interpretations and levels of understanding, based on which you can start harking further back even than the beatles in relation to the specified concepts.

at that point you start getting into levels of understanding and interpretation

So you're going to hijack another thread and make it about the Beatles or Pistols...great.

one word..conceptually

at that point you start getting into levels of understanding and interpretation

So you're going to hijack another thread and make it about the Beatles or Pistols...great.

in that case, nevermind.