Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin?

Bucketslash

The real ultimate match up  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pink Floyd has Dark side of the Moon and the Wall.While Led Zeppelin has....

Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin 2

Led Zeppelin 3

Led Zeppelin 4

And Physical Graffiti.

The Wall is probably Pink Floyd's worst records.

I hear this a lot from people and I just completely disagree. I think the Wall is pure Genius. My favorite album from them is either Wish you Were here or Animals, but sometimes I just need to put the Wall in and I am still amazed by how cool it is -

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is your opinion that Pink Floyd is good. His opinion is as valid as yours. Commit some more fallacies, please.

Shut the fuck up about the opinion-crap, it's just a lame excuse for people to escape a discussion.

And Zepp is the better band.

Discussions are about offering your opinions and responding to other people's opinions...no?

No, it's about exchanging points and counterpoints, which doesn't necessarily reflect your opinions.

Pink Floyd has Dark side of the Moon and the Wall.While Led Zeppelin has....

Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin 2

Led Zeppelin 3

Led Zeppelin 4

And Physical Graffiti.

The Wall is probably Pink Floyd's worst records.

Pink Floyd has:

The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn

Ummagumma

Atom Heart Mother

Obscured By Clouds

Dark Side of The Moon

Wish You Were Here

Animals

The Wall

(The Devision Bell)

Good albums, but they still don't compare to Zeppelin's classics. Animals, WYWH, DSotM, and The Wall are all damn good, but still don't have the same stature as the classics from Zeppelin. That's just my opinion, though.

I disagree, seeing as piper was written almost completely by a different person, i think you just have to see it under a different vision from the rest.

When I hear it, there's these fantastic images and colors and perspectives that run through my mind. It feels like the reverse of the wall, of the narrator instead of telling his story through other people, getting to tell people his story. You hear his break downs, you hear his triumphs. In the end you feel that even on roger waters songs, and collaborative efforts, he's exerting his own image onto everything(after all, syd's furious and conflictig guitar work makes take up thy steathoscope and walk, and even during the collaborative jams, syd is creating the vision, with instead of the rest of the band adding on lines to the picture, coloring in the lines of a fantastic coloring book). Rick Wright, to his credit is adding the most to syd's songs(scarecrow without the eerie piano would be empty), but even then it's like adding support to a sometimes shaky hand(shaky because of the drugs no doubt), and instead of trying to guide it, he'd folowing the artist to the last bit.

I perfer the final cut to the division bell.

i believe that zep hit a higher point, but floyd stayed great longer, and in the end, thats what made them better