Metallica and Led Zeppelin to Headline Bonnoroo Festival?!

stevGNR666

If Zepp played Download, I would actually cry of joy.

That'd be a godsend. I was happy with the rumours of AC/DC, Muse and the Foos but Zeppelin just takes it to a whole new level. Still if they're doing mudfest....err I mean Glastonbury, Download's possibly unlikely.

UPDATE: FROM BLABBERMOUTH

FUCKING READ YOU MORONS

(via Blabbermouth):

Jonathan Cohen of Billboard.com reports that the organizers of the 2008 Bonnaroo festival have quashed the rumors of LED ZEPPELIN and METALLICA headlining next year's event.

"The rumors that are out there about the Bonnaroo 2008 headliners are inaccurate," Superfly Presents and AC Entertainment said in a statement released to Billboard.com. "We're very excited about the lineup that we're putting together for this year's festival. We'll be announcing the confirmed lineup toward the end of January/beginning of February.

The source of the ZEPPELIN/METALLICA rumor was an anonymous email included last week in industry commentator Bob Lefsetz's newsletter.

LED ZEPPELIN will play its only planned show Dec. 10 in London as part of a tribute to late Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun.

You must be joking, Download would rather book MCR.

No-one would rather book MCR than Zeppelin. I don't see where this comment came from...

My opinion of the people who do the bookings for Download is not great. Last year they booked MCR when NIN and the Pumpkins played the country later. I thnk they could have tried harder.

No-one would rather book MCR than Zeppelin. I don't see where this comment came from...

My opinion of the people who do the bookings for Download is not great. Last year they booked MCR when NIN and the Pumpkins played the country later. I thnk they could have tried harder.

Yeah, but I suppose they've learned their lesson now. No festival organiser could afford to knock-back Zeppelin. Theres just no-one who can attract a bigger crowd.

Yeah, but I suppose they've learned their lesson now. No festival organiser could afford to knock-back Zeppelin. Theres just no-one who can attract a bigger crowd.

We live in hope.

Agreed. Besides I wouldn't want to see Zeppelin headline Download. It's a metal festival, of which I don't consider Zeppelin. Sure, it would sell great, but it would be a departure from what the festival is about.

I watched MCR's set this year because i'm claustrophobic and predicted (correctly) that Korn would be murder for that.

It was obviously a mistake to book them in the headlining slot, the festival organisers should know their crowd better.

They put on a really good show and didn't deserve the shit they got but I'm not a massive fan so i wasn't too annoyed by all the bottle throwing.

I watched MCR's set this year because i'm claustrophobic and predicted (correctly) that Korn would be murder for that.

It was obviously a mistake to book them in the headlining slot, the festival organisers should know their crowd better.

They put on a really good show and didn't deserve the shit they got but I'm not a massive fan so i wasn't too annoyed by all the bottle throwing.

I just went back to the tent after VR. Download seems to have more emo/screamo every year.

I just went back to the tent after VR. Download seems to have more emo/screamo every year.

I wouldn't say MCR were emo in the true sense of the word, they definitely were scene. I don't know what you'd call them now.

I'd say we still get a good enough helping of heavy fucking metal. We had Machine Head, Lamb of God, DevilDriver and many more.

I'm just praying for In Flames next year.