R.I.P Dime

F*ck Fear

Takeshi's causing quite a stir around here. :lol:

Music (or at least that genre) was definitely hit hard by this loss. I, like Takeshi, just don't understand why anyone feels the need to call themselves names like "Dimebag" and "DJ Pimp Cup" or whatever. I mean - weather or not his name has anything to do with the true heart of the person in question (obviously in this case his name doesn't reflect the person he was by any means) - you have to be able to understand why people just don't get it.

Moreblack is spot on about the kind of person Dime was, nickname or not, he was such a nice guy. He'd give you the shirt of his back if you needed it, or he'd let you in to his shows if you had no ticket. True fucking class.

Some people on this board are fucking idiots.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what other musicians had to say about Darrell.

Tony Iommi

I was absolutely shocked by the news. Dimebag was such a really nice genuine bloke and a great player. He was always very respectful towards me and it was lovely to have him on tour with us. He will be sadly missed.

Paul Stanley - KISS

I'm stunned. The taking of Dimebag Darrell's life in this horrific murder is a senseless tragedy for his fans and unfathomable loss for his family. I send my deepest condolences to Vinnie and the rest of his family. My thoughts are also with the families of all the other victims of this heinous act.

Gene Simmons - KISS

Sad to report 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott, formerly of PANTERA, has been killed in a club incident. Our best wishes to his family and friends.

Rob Halford

Hello everyone. My deepest condolences go out to everyone affected regarding the passing of dimebag. His mucianship was superb and his original style was and will remain an inspiration to players worldwide. His friendship can never be replaced.

I first met Dime in 1991. I was in Toronto preparing for the 'Painkiller' tour. I had MuchMusic TV on and saw this guy talking about metal and wearing a 'British Steel' shirt. From what he was saying and the PANTERA video that aired I knew right away that this man was a guitar god!

" called MuchMusic and spoke to Dime and that night went to a club and hung with the band. We jammed 'Metal Gods'. From that point on, he and the rest of the band became solid friends. My gut feeling was that this band would be huge.

So PANTERA toured with PRIEST all over Europe. Many a night I would stand off stage and watch them tear up city after city leaving everyone stunned by their intense performances. It was a thrill to watch and hear Dime invent and advance with his playing. Soon the world became Panterarised!

Of course, so much has happened since those early times and I feel that it's important now that however we take the turn of events in recent years we all stay true to the same belief that Dimebag had about his love of metal, which was to play your heart out and be real wherever you are! Some things that happen in life make no sense at all, but out of pain comes strength, and I know the metal community will take that strength and use it as an enduring memory for Dimebag.

"Love never dies."

Brian May - QUEEN

We are all gutted to hear of the senseless and tragic death of Dimebag Darrell, who was shot by a 'fan' who climbed on the stage at a show of his new band, DAMAGEPLAN. He was, of course, better known for his great playing in PANTERA.

"PANTERA were, I think, the first band that I and my son Jimmy both got equally excited about. It was Jimmy who first got me to see them. They were a great band, and Dimebag was an innovative and passionate player.

"Great musician. Terrible loss. My respects to him, to his family and friends. Also to those who were killed trying to save him and apprehend the gunman.

"RIP."

--------

For more go to www.damageplan.com and scroll down.

Right, we get it. Hes dead, he is sadly missed but can we just let this depressing thread go for another year?

If you don't like it, you don't have to post? And plus, it would have been gone already (like like the one last year) but people had to come here and post negative shit.

Some people on this forum need to take that 'R' word that Pantera often spoke about on board...

duff21

Right, we get it. Hes dead, he is sadly missed but can we just let this depressing thread go for another year?

If you don't like it, you don't have to post? And plus, it would have been gone already (like like the one last year) but people had to come here and post negative shit.

Some people on this forum need to take that 'R' word that Pantera often spoke about on board...

duff21

Won't happen. They don't have the decency to do so.

duff21

Won't happen. They don't have the decency to do so.

Or the heart.

duff21

• 4 weeks later...
A guy whose nickname is "dimebag" gets shot. Well, that cure for cancer is going to be delayed, or maybe a little more realistically, a trailer park lost a future manager. I saw his wife on tv, and wow, pure whiskey tango.

You are a motherfucking piece of shit lowlife asshole who needs to get there fucking head out of there fucking ass and realize that badmouthing someone was murdered by some fucked up asshole is a fucking cowardly thing to do.

:fuckyou:

I'm curious, who murdered him an why? I was never a fan of Pantera, but I think now I'm going to give them a listen.

a fucking retarded monkey with no brains named Nathan Gale. Some say he was pissed over the break-up of Pantera others thought Pantera "stole" songs from him. I myself think Nathan is a useless hooray for tolerance! and hope one day to deface his fucking grave.

RIP Dime

Edited by Death Star

I'm curious, who murdered him an why? I was never a fan of Pantera, but I think now I'm going to give them a listen.

a fucking retarded monkey with no brains named Nathan Gale. Some say he was pissed over the break-up of Pantera others thought Pantera "stole" songs from him. I myself think Nathan is a useless hooray for tolerance! and hope one day to deface his fucking grave.

RIP Dime

I always like to think, "What would Dime do?" and I know that is something he wouldn't do. Although, I would love to piss on the stupid mother fuckers grave.

Edited by F*ck Fear

We will miss him forever

ExposedPantera7.jpg

ExposedPantera.jpg

ExposedPanteraCU.jpg

ExposedPantera5.jpg

ExposedPantera9.jpg

ExposedPantera10.jpg

It may be true that they started off with the image of a typical cock-rock/hair metal band, but fuck man the guy was murdered on stage in cold blood. Give it a rest.

(From a non-fan btw)

We will miss him forever

ExposedPantera7.jpg

ExposedPantera.jpg

ExposedPanteraCU.jpg

ExposedPantera5.jpg

ExposedPantera9.jpg

ExposedPantera10.jpg

Holy shit. I didn't know Pantera started out as a glam band (not really a fan of their music or versed on their history). And Jesus...when did Dime start to get bloated and look like his brother? He went from Eddie Van Halen to pudgy mongaloid (the Mongolian race, not the mentally challenged).

Edited by appetite4illusions

We will miss him forever

ExposedPantera7.jpg

ExposedPantera.jpg

ExposedPanteraCU.jpg

ExposedPantera5.jpg

ExposedPantera9.jpg

ExposedPantera10.jpg

Holy shit. I didn't know Pantera started out as a glam band (not really a fan of their music or versed on their history). And Jesus...when did Dime start to get bloated and look like his brother? He went from Eddie Van Halen to pudgy mongaloid (the Mongolian race, not the mentally challenged).

When he started to drink heavily?

Anyhow, I don't give a fuck about the glam era. Guns did the same fucking thing. Look at pic of Slash back in 85' compared to now. It's the same fucking thing. Dress the part, to get the gig.

He could've wore a mickey mouse suit what the fuck does it matter?

I wear a leather jacket shades, ripped blue jeans and Misfits shirt in clubs when I'm singing and sometimes it's a Goth club.

It's the music they make. And Dime could and god rest his sole play the fuck out of a guitar.

He could've wore a mickey mouse suit what the fuck does it matter?

I wear a leather jacket shades, ripped blue jeans and Misfits shirt in clubs when I'm singing and sometimes it's a Goth club.

It's the music they make. And Dime could and god rest his sole play the fuck out of a guitar.

Amen

I just find it so hard to believe that this guy

83DiamondDarrell-1bgo.jpg

and this guy

Dimebag_darrell.jpg

are the same person

fuck man...that's really letting your body go

The first picture is from the 80's when he was in between 19-21. The latter photo is from 2004 when he was close to being 40. Age does different things, to different people.

Looks shouldn't matter when talking about the man's talent anyhow. Amazing musician, and a great human being....That's what counts.

I just find it so hard to believe that this guy

83DiamondDarrell-1bgo.jpg

and this guy

Dimebag_darrell.jpg

are the same person

fuck man...that's really letting your body go

The first picture is from the 80's when he was in between 19-21. The latter photo is from 2004 when he was close to being 40. Age does different things, to different people.

Looks shouldn't matter when talking about the man's talent anyhow. Amazing musician, and a great human being....That's what counts.

Word.

If he wasn't a guitar legend and I had a convo with him in a bar id respect him just as much as I do now. He is simply just a great guy. Its just a bonus that he was a freak with the axe.

duff21

Edited by duff_mckagan21

Agreed 100%.

Courtesy of www.theMETALreport.com

DIMEBAG DARRELL unreleased material, Dimevision 2, action figure, and clothing line to be released in 2008

DIMEBAG DARRELL has been inducted into the Guitar World magazine Hall of Fame by voters who read the magazine. In the March 2008 issue of Guitar World (available January 15th, 2008) Dime's brother Vinnie Paul, Dime's girlfriend Rita Haney, and Dime's guitar tech Grady Champion were all interviewed for the issue.

Volume II of DimeVision is slated to be released in the latter part of 2008. www.DimeVision.com will soon be open to the public. This is a website were Dime's fans can hear clips from his personal audio worktapes and purchase clothing from a line that Dimebag drew and designed himself.

Dimebag's girlfriend Rita Haney also stated, "I'm working with a few toy companies on producing action figures." "They're going to be more affordable than those sculptures that Knucklebonez makes. I want to make a little figure of Dime with his "survival kit": a bottle of Crown Royal, a video camera, and some fireworks. We'll have some new Dean guitars coming out that you'll hear more about soon, along with some news from Krank amps. The more things we do for Darrell and the more that we build his legacy, the more we keep his memory alive."

Dimebag's brother and Pantera/Damageplan/HellYeah drummer Vinnie Paul answered a question regarding unreleased material featuring Dimebag: "With Pantera we'd always lay down the exact number of tracksfor the records. Our motto was always "All killer, no filler"- we wanted to make every song great and didn't want to write 40 songs and then pick 10 great ones, so there's not much of an archive with that band. And of course we have the Damageplan demos, which were done by me and him. We felt they were 100 percent in the direction in which we needed to go. We definitely wanted to put that out sometime."

--------

I'm looking froward to the new Dimevision dvd. And having a new Damageplan record would be fucking cool. Vinn should call Pat Lachman and get him to do some vocals on those mother fucking demos.

Dime4.jpg

Please, all haters fuck off and don't post here.