ATOMICA! - New demo's!

Fuck! Ain't been on this forum for a while!!

Just thought i'd drop by and let you guys know (cos you'll prob dig our stuff) that we've put too new songs which include me (on bass) and our new singler carlos! Hope you like em!

www.myspace.com/atomicauk

Also we're supporting guns 2 roses in the cavern club on the 14th december!

• 2 weeks later...

up vocals, down with guitars, compress the living shit out of the two room mikes you don't have.

tune the drum kit, and turn up the bass for cryin out loud.

is this a guitar riff showcase band?

no frickn vocals, and no bass.

if you have problems keeping things leveled, add some compression. and try recording the same riff guitar TWICE!!

don't do a stereo split. then pan the guitars LR. Or just leave them double to either left or right channel, and pan the bass guitar to the left channel. also make sure you pan the drum kit accordingly.

right now it's so poorly recorded and arranged that it's really hard to give you an honest "review".

I'd might even ask the singer to work a bit on his attitude when he sings. :)

overall, sounds like any other garageband. not sure where you wanna go with this tho.

up vocals, down with guitars, compress the living shit out of the two room mikes you don't have.

tune the drum kit, and turn up the bass for cryin out loud.

is this a guitar riff showcase band?

no frickn vocals, and no bass.

if you have problems keeping things leveled, add some compression. and try recording the same riff guitar TWICE!!

don't do a stereo split. then pan the guitars LR. Or just leave them double to either left or right channel, and pan the bass guitar to the left channel. also make sure you pan the drum kit accordingly.

right now it's so poorly recorded and arranged that it's really hard to give you an honest "review".

I'd might even ask the singer to work a bit on his attitude when he sings. :)

overall, sounds like any other garageband. not sure where you wanna go with this tho.

right well im just askin about the songs...if u like them or not. all that crap u said about the recording itself is pretty irelavent 2 me cos it's only a demo so ppl know what style of music we play. it's not like we're putting an album out like that. plus we wern't there when the demo was masterd so we didn't have any input. so if u wanna comment on the songs themselves? marks outta 10 maybe? or is there no point cos we dont sound like Guns N' Roses?

• 3 weeks later...
It would be kool to here more dualing guitars maybe, like they are playing different parts but that is hard to do with one guitarist as he cant change his particular style.

we could have done different guitar parts like but since we only have one guitarist it'd be pointless like, we dont wanna dub loads of stuff onto our demo, we wanted 2 keep it plain an simple an let it speak for it's self. even tho the mastering wasn't the way we wanted it to be i think it sounds pretty profesional

Any other thoughts on the songs not how the demo was recorded?

www.myspace.com/atomicauk