Zeppelin reunion

Zint

I would like a reunion of the 2002 incarnation of GnR with Bucket and Brain. The 2006 lineup with Ron and Frank is like the old GnR lineup with Gilby and Matt. Ron and Frank put in a workmanlike performance live but they can't hold a candle to Brain and Bucket. I would no longer care about Chinese Democracy if I knew Ron and Frank were songwriters on it. More than anything, I want an album that has Axl, Brain, Bucket, Tommy, Richard, Chris, Robin, and Dizzy playing on it. As far as the old band is concerned, I only want a reunion if they put out a new album before starting a tour.

PS- How about some Christmas leaks?

I'd like to see Josh Freese come back.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bunch of old bastards is wat led zeppelin is. yay they made ok music in the 70s, BIG WHOOP. could they make better new music? i havent heard any.

is that the point? no.

no zeppelin = no gnr or any other huge stadium rock bands pretty much, tey influenced nearly every major rock group there is. the stones followed the beatles, zeppelin followed the stones. they dont have to write anything new to be relevant. they will always be relevant

Old or not, if Zep goes on tour they will make more money than any tour in history. They will blow it away. Normal folks like you and I would not be able to get tickets unfortunately (without emptying the savings account).

Edited by JEEP11

but sitting around ripping on this current line-up with you thumb up your ass waiting for a re-union , seems pretty pointless.

Sitting around praising this current line-up that has done nothing but played a number of cover shows with your thumb up your ass seems equally pointless.

okay, i know i dont post often, so i will be considered a Newbie. Whatever. i know deep down that i know more about this band then alot of people here that have a thousand posts ( all being the same regergated shit )

i was lucky enough to see the band 6 times b4 AFD even came out.

i for one, dont want to see this reunion like most, because i think the music that will eventually come out from Axl and the new GnR will be amazing.

its a different time yes, but in ways , with the right promotion, CD could do for rock n roll what AFD did when it came out.

i would like to see a reunion at some point, but am way more interested in what the "new GnR" have in store for us.

Do i think the leaks we have heard are the "end all be all" ? No, not at all. I am a fan of Velvet Revolver, a big fan. with that being said , the leaks ive heard, and i may have heard a few more then most, are better then anything VR have put out IMHO.

As far as the album being turned in and why we are still waiting. go back and read Axl's open letter. He mentions the behind the scenes, the contracts, blah blah blah. with as many people who have been invlolved in the project, that could take well over a year getting that all sorted out.

and lastly,

Axl does not owe us anything. we are fans, period. we paid for his past records and got somthing in return. the music on said records.

that does not make us intitled to anything more then what we have already paid for.

he is like most artists making his art for himself and no one else, should we choose to indulge in his art, yes, thats a plus for him, but not the reason for him making it.

we are not owed anything, not a update, not a reunion, not even a fucking album called Chinese Democracy.

get over it.

if you want to be apart of it cool, if not.................well.

my 2cents

Thats something like what i was gonna say. I would be down for a couple song set reunion type thing but, I think that the new band would have more potential to do greater newer things. I really dont wanna see duff and especially that cracked out steven adler up up there with Axl. They look younger and fresher with the new members and I think its more appealing to the public than seeing a bunch of has beens.

Are you serious? How can you call yourself a guns n roses fan?